EMW 30

Happy
0
I Become The Evil Mastermind Idiot Wife
I don't know what this feeling is. Have I become emotionally dependent on Cerden over the past two months?

But the problem is that Cerden is smiling at me. I have no idea what his intention is.

"We should end our conversation here for today, Dimiter."

Ah.

It seems the guest who had his back turned was Duke Roger. I've met Rodrick and Ria about two more times in the past month.

I gave Ria some of the doll clothes she wanted, and that made me Ria's best friend.

'From now on, Evelyn is Ria's best friend! I'll invite Evelyn to Ria's magic castle too!'

The Roger couple applauded like seals at those words, spoken with her nostrils flared. The magic castle was a small cabin in the garden that the late Duke had built for Ria, and only those who were allowed could enter.

I distinctly remember Cerden's lips twitching. Memories of that cabin, where I had to crawl in and crouch down to barely sit, flashed through my mind.

We played house there with acorns and pebbles.

The moment I saw Dimiter, those memories came flooding back.

Forget it. Forget it, I told myself. My lips trembled.

My laughter died before it could even come out.

"It's been a while, Your Highness."

"Hello! It's been a while!"

"Ria and Rodrick also sent their regards. Ria is looking forward to the day she can go to the magic castle with you again."

Dimiter said seriously. The truly bad thing about Dimiter is that he says things like that with genuine sincerity. There was a description that Rodrick's personality was exactly like his father's.

I gritted my teeth.

That kindness... I really want to refuse it.

"Heh."

Cerden was covering his mouth with the back of his hand. He was clearly holding back laughter.

You're worse, you bastard. I'm not laughing at all right now!

"I like it too, the magic castle! But, not now."

As I said that, flicking my finger, Dimiter asked.

"It seems you have an important schedule."

"Very, very important!"

"I wonder what that important thing is."

Cerden asked with a voice full of laughter. Judging by the way his eyes were sparkling, he was definitely in a playful mood.

Haa. My life. It feels like every word I say will be nitpicked. But what can I do?

I scurried over to Cerden's side.

At Cerden's gesture, a servant rushed over and placed a new chair.

"Husband! I'm going to buy Ver a birthday present."

It was a notification. Don't stop me, you.

I glared at Cerden. Focus your brain, Evelyn. Lately, my lips and thoughts have been getting all mushy whenever I see Cerden, which is a big problem.

"Veronica's present?"

"That's right!"

"Rozalina would have already prepared something like that. Wouldn't you, Rozalina?"

Cerden's gaze turned behind me. Rozalina quickly nodded. A shy blush spread across her face, like a flower blooming.

"Yes, Your Highness, the Crown Prince. I have prepared gifts suitable for both of Their Highnesses."

No, this isn't right! When did I ever ask you to do this? Why are you so good at doing things I didn't even ask you to do?

My plan has been disrupted. I was planning to ditch the kids somehow, pretend to get lost, and enjoy some free time.

I clenched my teeth.

Read the room, Rozalina.

But Rozalina seemed to be absorbed in the fact that she could show off her competence in front of Cerden.

Rozalina continued in a voice as sweet as she dreamed of.

"Her Highness Veronica is particularly fond of reading. I've heard that she often reads late into the night."

Veronica was someone who knew her place well. She knew what kind of impact even her smallest mistake could have on Cerden.

That's why Veronica confined herself. She minimized meeting people and avoided anything that could lead to gossip.

In the original story, it was said that Veronica's diary was discovered after her death. Thanks to that, Cerden's Darkening/Corruption was accelerated.

"So, I have prepared a set of high-end glasses, a book stand, and a lamp. Practicality and..."

"You've done well."

Cerden cut her off as if to say that was enough and leisurely turned his gaze to me. No, what am I supposed to say when you prepare such a perfect gift?

"That's not the present I'm buying!"

That's all I can say. I pouted and shook my head.

"I'm going to pick it out myself!"

"...Your Highness, the Crown Prince."

Dimiter called Cerden in a low voice. Cerden nodded. The moment my gaze was drawn to his fine hair, which swayed with the movement, Dimiter poured out his criticism towards Cerden.

"It seems you still don't know how to read people's minds."

"...Me?"

"Yes. It seems that Her Highness wants to escape this stuffy imperial palace and see the outside world."

Dimiter pointed out to Cerden, 'You really have no sense.'

That's refreshing. Yes, that's what I want to say.

"That's right! I want to go out. My husband doesn't know anything."

"You wanted to go out."

It was a strange voice.

A sense of unease began to creep up. A feeling of instinctive fear, like goosebumps rising.

Cerden had a smile that suited today's weather perfectly and placed his hand on his thigh.

He had the power to overwhelm the atmosphere with even the smallest movement. Cerden said with a voice full of laughter.

"Then you should have said so, Evelyn."

"I can go out?"

"Of course. It's not like I'm keeping you locked up."

"Wow!"

Why is he being so generous? I felt like Cerden looked even more handsome today.

I had already decided what I wanted to do outside. I wanted to find an information broker, and I wanted to stop by a bookstore. And I wanted to buy newspapers and gossip magazines and read them to my heart's content.

I was so tired of the helplessness of feeling like I was cut off from the world, not knowing anything. If possible, I wanted to keep a good person by my side.

Someone who could be my secret helper. I was full of dreams and thinking about this and that.

"Get ready to go out, Evelyn."

"Okay!"

"I'll get ready soon too."

"Huh?"

I blinked. Why are you getting ready to go out? Cerden met my eyes.

"Husbands and wives are supposed to go together, Evelyn. You don't like that, by any chance?"

Together...?

Dimiter nodded with a proud smile, as if he had done a good job. I thought he was my helper, but it seems he was an X-Man.

I could also see Rozalina's expression twisting. And Cherryna and Rosie, who looked as happy as if they had been liberated.

Ah. My lips are trembling.

"Why. You don't like that, by any chance?"

"No. I like it so much! I really like it!"

This outing is ruined.

* * *

I swallowed hard.

Being left alone in a confined space. I hadn't thought about riding in a carriage. Only those who have experienced it know how much of a reality check it is to be conscious of a man who isn't conscious of you.

The other person doesn't care about me, but I'm the only one...

I clenched my dress tightly and fixed my gaze out the window. I was pretending to look at the scenery outside, but I was focused on everything about Cerden: his breathing, his gestures, even the way he moved his legs.

I had to work hard to avoid turning my gaze.

The carriage was filled with a refreshing scent.

Cerden was looking at documents with a calm face.

Rustle, rustle.

I realized for the first time that the sound of turning pages could be so irritating.

"What are you looking at so intently?"

I flinched.

"Huh?"

"Is there something interesting outside?"

"It's been a while! Besides, it's the first time I've gone out like this, right?"

Even if I searched Evelyn's memories, it was the first time. Spelman was ashamed of Evelyn's existence.

Did I look like a child excited about going on a picnic? Please let that be the case.

"I'm going to eat a lot of delicious things there!"

In fact, I don't think I can ditch Cerden at all. I may not be able to achieve any of the goals I had planned, but I decided to find meaning in being able to see the outside world.

Cerden smiled brightly. His heart-fluttering smile took my breath away.

Now I'm starting to feel a little frustrated. The fact that I have to act like an idiot like this for the rest of my life.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!