EMW 43

Happy
0
I Become The Evil Mastermind Idiot Wife
"Stop it, Veronica. Stop tiring your brother out."

The Empress said in a weak voice.

Her voice, trying to dissuade them, was like a candle about to go out.

"Mother...! You're awake?"

Veronica rushed to the Empress. Cerden followed slowly behind. The pale Empress stared at him.

"I'm glad Evelyn is safe. I was worried about you."

"It wasn't a big deal, so don't worry, Mother."

It was a nonchalant voice.

The Empress smiled awkwardly.

"Yesterday... you worked hard. I wanted to stay until the end because I was worried people would be shaken... I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry, Mother! Yesterday's accident was clearly caused by Grand Duke Augustine..."

"Don't make unnecessary suspicions, Veronica. You must be careful with such dangerous remarks."

The Empress had been cautious her whole life. She was of a frail disposition, even reluctant to step on someone's shadow.

Even when Cerden was pushed into a deadly situation at a young age, she couldn't say a word.

"I, Mother..."

"Cerden, this mother is fine. I am sorry."

All she can do is say she's sorry. Cerden sat down with a sneer.

Veronica stared at Cerden with an anxious face.

"I'm glad you're feeling better, Mother. I'm fine only when you are well."

It was a voice devoid of any emotion. Veronica bit her lip as if holding back what she wanted to say.

The Empress nodded.

"Yes. Of course. What's going to happen to Grand Duke Augustine? Yesterday's accident..."

"Were there any other witnesses? Besides you, Mother."

"There was no one but Veronica and me. I was going for a walk because I was tired. I was looking for a place where there was no one."

"...I see."

Veronica, with her anxious face, and the pale Empress didn't seem like they could testify. They fear Duke Cerden.

There was no way they would officially say anything that could incriminate Grand Duke Augustine.

His head throbbed.

"Don't worry, Mother. Grand Duke Augustine will be fine. I won't do anything to displease Duke Spelman."

Those words somehow felt like they were clawing at his heart. The Empress smiled sadly.

"It's hard to live in the world with so much hostility, Cerden. Sometimes you have to know how to follow the natural order."

If he had followed that natural order, he would already be dead. Even at the words that denied all the dangers Cerden had overcome, he just smiled.

His shoulders were getting heavier and heavier. He gritted his teeth.

He wanted to see Evelyn even more.

He was suffocating.

* * *

When she opened her eyes again, she wasn't alone. It wasn't Cerden, but it wasn't Rozalina, Cherryna, or Rosie either.

"...Julia?"

"Your Highness."

Julia smiled gently.

Why is she here?

No one who should be in this palace is to be seen.

"How have you been? Well, I guess that sounds too awkward. Are you in any pain?"

"Yeah, I'm not in pain."

She mumbled in a small voice.

"Where did everyone go? Where's my husband?"

She asked with a lot of whining mixed in.

"Well, His Highness Cerden sent everyone out. I think he thought Your Highness needed to rest more."

Sent everyone out? Because I need to rest? What does that mean?

But she couldn't express such a question. Because I'm a child. Instead, she nodded.

It seems like he sent them out for me. Cerden did that... so, he figured out my identity. But it wasn't as scary as before.

Anyway, those who hate me and watch me are not around. Her heart felt lighter.

"Wooo..."

"Your Highness, the Crown Prince is currently performing his official duties."

"He's working?"

"Yes, that's right."

Julia smiled as if she was impressed.

"May I touch your forehead for a moment?"

"Yeah, you can."

Julia carefully touched her forehead. It's clearly different from the hand that stroked me at dawn.

Cerden wasn't a dream.

That moment was real.

Her heart fluttered.

"...Fortunately, your fever has completely gone down. But you still need to take your medicine, would you like to eat something?"

"Something delicious! Except for carrots and bell peppers!"

"Yes, I'll prepare it that way."

Julia nodded. Then she gestured to those outside.

They're people I've never seen before. Did Cerden send them?

"These people are the ones who will take care of Your Highness for a while. They're my friends, would you like to say hello?"

Julia brought them.

"Okay! But where are Rodrick and Ria? Didn't they come with you?"

"Do you want to see them?"

"Yeah, I want to see them! They're my friends!"

It was half a lie, half the truth. It seems that Julia brought her people here because Cerden asked her to.

He must have wanted to entrust me to someone he could trust.

But Julia is a mother. She couldn't help but worry about those kids.

Those kids were a little noisy and made me feel self-conscious... but they were good friends.

I think...?

"Shall I call them then?"

"Okay! But I hate the rocking horse. It's scary!"

"Yes, I won't let them bring it. I promise."

Julia smiled gently.

I'd rather jump out the window than squeeze my body into that rocking horse again.

"Then would you like to say hello to your new friends?"

"Okay!"

"This is..."

Julia introduced her people in a soft voice. Putting the story together, it seemed that everyone from the chef to the maids had been kicked out.

I greeted the people Julia introduced me to with pleasure.

"I will prepare delicious food without bell peppers and carrots, Your Highness."

A middle-aged woman with a particularly warm impression said.

"You're too thin. I'll create a new diet with high nutrition."

"Thank you for your hard work."

Julia sent the people out.

"Then how about taking a bath before eating?"

"Wooo... okay! I want to go outside and play too."

I wanted to see for myself what was going on.

And I hope I can run into Cerden. There were many things I wanted to ask Cerden... and things I wanted to confirm.

I really wanted to confirm Cerden's gaze towards me.

* * *

Crown Princess Palace kitchen.

Julia's people gathered with serious expressions. They gathered all the ingredients that were in the food storage and put their heads together.

"She's too thin."

"I felt it before, but I wonder if she's lacking nutrition."

"She must have a hard time walking like that. She needs to gain this much more weight."

"Let's make a diet centered on meat."

"It's good to prepare something moderately sweet."

"It seemed like her stomach was weak. We need to create a diet that is easy to digest."

Everyone agreed with one mind.

Everyone nodded with determined expressions.

Evelyn's appearance, like a small snowflake that seemed to melt in the sunlight, left a shock on them.

She looked like they could see right through her. Her frail, small hands clutching the blanket.

Her light blue eyes rolling around anxiously. Her lips and skin were dry and rough. They knew how Evelyn was doing.

"Tsk tsk. How much must the people who were here have mistreated her."

"They looked fierce too."

"I heard that Spelman sent them as surveillance."

"No wonder. So the diet must have been poor."

"It seems like she only ate a lot of cookie crumbs. I know without looking. So she's so thin due to nutritional imbalance."

"Did you hear what the doctor diagnosed? Malnutrition. In this day and age, and in the Imperial Palace, how can that be?"

"Your Highness, the Crown Prince was wrong."

"I thought he was a very elegant gentleman. To not even take care of his own people. His Highness made a mistake."

"She needs to gain at least 10 pounds while we're here."

An unexpected warmth swept through the Crown Princess Palace. Together with Julia.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!