EMW 55

Happy
0
I Become The Evil Mastermind Idiot Wife
It was after Mortega had repeatedly done the strange thing of pursing his lips with a peculiar look and then shaking his head.

Cerden decided to respond to Mortega with complete indifference instead of giving him attention.

Whatever he was worrying about, it would be a truly useless worry.

It wasn't Mortega or Cerden, who were in the office together, who broke their strange silence.

"Your Highness, the Crown Prince, Duke Spelman urgently requests a meeting."

Cerden did not refuse Duke Spelman's request for a meeting. The fact that such a sly person had come in person meant that there was a high probability that it was related to the Oliver Hall case.

Without going through the Emperor, directly like this?

"I am grateful that you have responded to my sudden request, Your Highness."

Cerden shrugged.

"I understand that all the servants of the Crown Princess' palace are being investigated due to the recent kidnapping of Your Highness."

"It's worth doing."

"Yes. And I heard that there are some people from the Duchy among those being investigated. Cherryna and Rosie. Children who have been with Your Highness since she was young."

"Time does not prove the case."

"That is correct. However, I also want to ask what happened. It is also about my daughter."

Duke Spelman smiled as if he had no intention. Even though he must have found the clearly empty box in the museum, his face was calm.

'He's not Duke Spelman for nothing.'

He definitely has some ulterior motive. I couldn't know what that motive was until I let Duke Spelman meet them.

'I've got all the information I need.'

Cherryna and Rosie were low-level henchmen. They were in charge of monitoring Evelyn and giving her orders.

They can't perform such important roles. There was no confession to be obtained from them.

'They didn't try to reveal anything either.'

Either Duke Spelman has some weakness, or they are truly loyal.

Anyway, it means that even if Duke Spelman conspires and kills them now, there's nothing to regret.

"I will allow the meeting."

Duke Spelman's expression wavered at the arrogant attitude.

'Arrogant bastard.'

Duke Spelman quickly regained his composure.

"However, my aide must be present at the meeting."

"Yes, they are criminals, so of course. I hope my meeting with them will help the investigation."

Duke Spelman said calmly. As if what he was saying now was sincere.

* * *

Cherryna and Rosie, whom I met after a long time, looked fine except for being pale from not seeing the sunlight. It meant that they were treated well for criminals.

"Duke Spelman...!"

"Thank you for coming to see us like this. During that time, really..."

Rosie and Cherryna sobbed.

"It's a matter of course. I have never forgotten how hard you have worked. If there is anything unfair, it will be revealed and you will be released."

Rosie and Cherryna nodded wildly at Duke Spelman's words. Duke Spelman naturally raised his hand onto the table.

Mortega was watching all of it. It's really nothing special. It just seemed like a meeting between a loyal servant and a master.

Duke Spelman had a benevolent face throughout.

At that moment, something very trivial that was an eyesore came into view. Duke Spelman was tapping the table as if it was just a habit. To the point where there was not even a sound.

'It's a signal!'

Mortega, who had been in the military, had learned all the signals that existed on the continent. That was the reason he could be in this position now.

Mortega hid his agitation and turned his eyes back to the front. Pretending to be indifferent. He focused all his attention on the subtle signals.

Tap, tap tap tap.

[Has anything been revealed?]

Cherryna and Rosie shook their heads.

"We really don't know how to repay Duke Spelman's grace..."

"To take care of such insignificant maids like us."

"They are the ones who take care of my daughter, so it's a matter of course. Didn't I say that? I don't betray loyalty. It's just a pity what happened to Evelyn."

The conversation went on calmly.

Tap tap tap, tap tap.

[Has Evelyn ever shown any strange behavior?]

Mortega swallowed. What does it mean?

"We really don't know how such a thing happened to Your Highness... Your Grace."

"Your Grace believes in our innocence, right?"

It's a no.

The conversation between Duke Spelman and the two maids made Mortega's heart beat faster. That was something Mortega was also curious about.

Cerden doesn't give proper answers. Until he finds out for himself, Mortega will not get any answers. In the meantime, the stone Rozalina threw was creating waves within him.

"Of course I believe you. Evelyn will too."

Tap, tap tap.

[Did Evelyn seem to have regained her sanity?]

At that question, Mortega barely managed to hide his trembling breath. He also barely hid his trembling lips. It felt like Mortega's soul was shuddering.

"We would have nothing more to wish for if that were really the case."

Cherryna and Rosie burst into tears.

"We can't forget the last image of Your Highness that we saw. She looked like a lost child."

"We are the only ones who can truly protect her."

"Just because she's like a child doesn't mean she doesn't know everything... How scared must she be without us?"

"She considers us her best friends."

It's a complete denial.

Mortega barely breathed slowly.

"...That's what I'm most worried about too. But I believe that Your Highness, the Crown Prince, will keep her safe. You guys should clear your names and come out soon too. I'll be waiting for that day."

Duke Spelman smiled brightly. Then, as if there was nothing more to ask, he got up.

"Are you finished?"

Duke Spelman naturally placed both hands on his cane. That's what it meant.

"Take good care of those kids. They've been in the Duchy since they were young. They only know Evelyn in the world."

"I will."

Mortega answered stiffly.

Duke Spelman left the prison calmly. Leaving behind the sniffling maids, Mortega also left the place.

His head was complicated.

'Why is he suspicious? Did he just check it out once?'

His heart was pounding.

I wondered if I should meet the doctors who diagnosed Evelyn back then. But if I stir it up wrong...

'She could be in danger.'

Who the hell.

Am I even worried about Evelyn now? Me, who has wanted Evelyn to give up that position more than anyone else?

It was truly a ridiculous thing.

Mortega stared at Cerden, who was waiting for him. He didn't want to miss even a single change in Cerden's expression.

"Your Highness, Duke Spelman had a secret conversation."

"Morse code? He's doing things that are only done in the military."

Duke Spelman wouldn't have cared if he was caught. He must have had a conversation that wasn't that important. Cerden chuckled without showing any expression.

"What did he talk about?"

"...He asked about betrayal."

"They would have answered no. Is that all?"

"He asked if... Your Highness had acted strangely."

"Strange behavior?"

"...He asked if she might have regained her sanity, something like that."

At that moment, Cerden raised his eyebrows. It was a very subtle change, but Mortega witnessed it.

It felt like his heart was sinking.

'There was something that only I didn't know.'

Did Evelyn betray Cerden? Was there someone else, as Rozalina said?

If not.

Mortega bit his lip with a confused face.

He recalled Evelyn, who was kidnapped in place of Veronica. What the hell was that?

No, are all these assumptions correct? Has Evelyn really regained her health?

The confusion was amplified, and Cerden, who would give the answer.

"You're talking nonsense."

He still doesn't give an answer. The wall between Cerden and Mortega seems to be getting higher.

It felt like that wall would never collapse. That's why he was afraid.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!