
"I know. Evelyn. I know what you're worried about."
Cerden unfolded my fingers and turned them over. The heat of his lips on my palm was driving me crazy.
"Cerden, I..."
Cerden narrowed his eyes and smiled.
"I have no intention of creating a situation I can't handle. I don't want to make things difficult for you."
Cerden toyed with my fingers.
"I don't want to create a dangerous situation either."
Unforeseeable variables were bound to become weaknesses. Cerden let out a hot sigh.
"Can I kiss you?"
It was a suppressed voice.
"...You don't have to ask about things like that."
Even to my own ears, my voice was full of moisture. Cerden sat up straight. Pulling me in as I slid, Cerden pressed his lips to mine.
His now familiar scent washed over me.
It wasn't the playful kind of kiss that had touched my fingers. It felt like being devoured.
Like my soul was being completely stolen.
Cerden grabbed my hips and pulled me closer. I whined and clung to his neck.
In moments like these, I couldn't think at all. As if I was subordinate to him.
* * *
Vector slapped Inis's cheek. Her still baby-fat cheeks quickly turned red.
"Snap out of it, Inis. You heard what your brother said, right?"
"...Yes, brother."
Inis nodded with a dejected face. She had been sleeping soundly when she was suddenly dragged out. She had been struggling, not wanting to go, and had been hit on the back of the head a few times, leaving her thoroughly intimidated.
"How pretty you are when you listen so well."
Vector scanned Inis up and down. The Crown Princess and her husband were scheduled to attend several social gatherings for three days.
Now there were only two days left.
All the nobles of Larross would gather to see them. The competition among them would be fierce. A free-for-all was expected.
Slipping Inis in among them was nothing.
Vector gazed at the dress Inis was wearing with satisfaction. It was a dress that fully exposed her chest and emphasized her waist.
It was a vulgar thing that Inis would never normally wear.
'It has to be this much to stand out.'
Vector had heard that Cerden had high standards. Of course, having a woman like Evelyn by his side, he probably wouldn't notice any other woman.
It was well known in Larross that the Crown Princess wasn't in her right mind.
'Of course, she was pleasingly pretty. A face I'd like to see cry at least once. Her voice was fantastic too.'
Vector smacked his lips. She was one of the most beautiful women he had ever met.
A dirty desire, too filthy to even put into words, surged within him. Inis sniffled and watched Vector carefully.
'Father... please save me...'
The back of her head still felt sore from being hit. This was the first time she had worn such clothes, and the corset that constricted her, and the pungent fragrance that stung her nose.
Everything was just sad. She was only 20 years old. She had just barely passed adulthood.
A small storm was brewing in Larross.
* * *
"Hmm, since today's occasion is what it is, it would be good to look a little more majestic, wouldn't it?"
"Since 비 전하's hair is rose-colored, a light pink dress would be nice. A dress embroidered with silver thread would also emphasize the luxury."
I smiled, pretending not to know anything while listening to the maids' conversation.
"Wow, this is really delicious!"
It was a madeleine that was only sold in Larross. It was filled with sour pulp brought in through the port.
The filling inside poured out the moment I took a bite. Wow, this is really good.
"I got a recommendation from the bakery, do you like it?"
"Ung! I want to eat more. I want to eat a lot!"
It tasted like a tangerine or an orange. It was a taste that really stimulated my appetite.
"Then I'll buy more. They had other flavors too, should I get them?"
"Uung!"
I chatted amiably with the maids. They told me about what they had seen while visiting the market yesterday while I was at the banquet.
I wasn't bored while they braided my hair and fixed it with decorations, did my makeup, and put on my dress, thanks to the maids.
It was a distinctly different attitude from the people I had been with before.
They weren't people who ignored me and looked down on me. I felt much better. Larross, which I had come to for the first time, seemed like it would remain a pleasant place for me.
"Okay, all done."
The maids stood me in front of the mirror.
"You're really beautiful, 비 전하."
"Pretty? Really? Enough that my husband will like it?"
"Of course! Do you want to look good to Your Highness, the Crown Prince?"
Even children have a desire to be seen as pretty by someone. And I also had a desire to be seen as pretty by Cerden.
I couldn't define what kind of relationship we had. We just often shared a bed, made eye contact and talked all night, and shared intimate contact...
My cheeks flushed.
"Yes, being pretty is good..."
"Of course, 비 전하. You look very beautiful today, so Your Highness, the Crown Prince will be surprised."
The maids said kindly. I was grateful that they said that.
Cherryna or Rosie would have laughed at me. Saying who would think a child was pretty.
They wouldn't have done their best for me in the first place.
I was grateful that they didn't react like that. I was always grateful that they did their best for me.
The maids who had touched up my lip makeup gently pushed my back.
"Your Highness, the Crown Prince will be waiting outside."
"Ung!"
Cerden was looking at documents in the living room. When you looked closely, he always had something in his hand. Sometimes it was a book, and other times it was documents.
He's the type who can't stand still. Well, he's always lived fiercely.
Cerden must have sensed my presence because he raised his head.
Cerden, who met my eyes, got up. And Cerden, who straightened his clothes, held out his hand to me.
"It was worth the wait."
"Uung?"
"You're pretty."
At those words, the maids let out small exclamations. I smiled happily and left the guest room with him. A cool sea breeze wrapped around us. It was the start of a happy day.
* * *
The one who invited us to brunch today was Count Brisman, who ran a local bank in Larross.
The Brisman family had been running a bank in Larross for generations, dealing with businesses and merchants based in other countries.
"It's truly an honor to meet you both, Your Highnesses. May the goddess of Larross bless your voyage. I am Kate Brisman."
"Thank you for the welcome, Count Brisman."
Count Brisman smiled brightly. Larross was a region that maintained a mild climate throughout the four seasons. It wasn't very cold even in winter, and it wasn't very hot even in summer.
The sea of Larross Harbor was protecting them. The people of Larross loved the sea and loved the goddess.
That leisure seemed to permeate the people as it was.
Is that why?
The gazes directed at me weren't very harsh either.
People quickly flocked to us. There were countless people who wanted to say even a word to Cerden, but Cerden didn't let me out of his sight for even a step.
When the atmosphere was at its peak, Count Brisman spoke.
"I heard that Princess Elizabeth is entering the country this time."
"The rumors are fast."
"I have a little acquaintance with the branch manager of the Courtois Trading Company in Larross. Actually, there is something I would like to ask you."
Cerden nodded as if to tell him to speak.
"I want to start trading with Courtois. I heard that Princess Elizabeth has all the decision-making power. If I could meet her just once after she enters the country..."
"What do I get?"
Cerden smiled smoothly.
"Is there sufficient compensation prepared?"
Cerden was a person who didn't miss opportunities.
.jpg)