MHM 136

Happy
0
The Day My Husband’s Mistress Became Empress
Declaration of War

"I'm going to knock you off that horse. So you can't do anything foolish in the future."

Iana deliberately provoked Riel's emotions.

Just like Riel used to do, to draw out the other person's mistakes.

Riel, who had been quietly looking at Iana, had a strange light in her eyes.

"I'm looking forward to it. To what will happen if I fall off the horse."

Flames ignited in the eyes of the two women as they stared at each other.

Iana walked towards Andre and held out her hand to Riel.

"Then, please, come on up, Lady Riel."

Everyone's eyes were fixed on the two women, a bizarre scene of Count Dietrian's ex-wife and former mistress meeting again to ride a horse together.

Riel approached, but couldn't readily take Iana's hand.

"Why? Afraid I might use magical power or something?"

Iana sneered and held out her hand closer.

As the two women's tense battle of wills continued.

The Emperor, who had mounted his horse, reached out his hand with a smile.

"Riel, come to me."

"Your Majesty, no. Wouldn't I be a hindrance to your hunting if I were there? So I will..."

Riel spoke politely to the Emperor, then turned her gaze to Iana with a smile.

"I will ride with Iana Archmage."

"Is that so? If that's what you really want, then so be it."

The Emperor replied with a smile.

Charles glanced at Iana for a moment, looking worried. She nodded as if to say she was okay.

Riel took Iana's hand. There was strength in the hand she took.

"Then I look forward to working with you, Archmage."

Riel took Iana's hand and, with the help of the escort knights, climbed onto the horse.

Iana expertly mounted the horse and sat behind Riel.

"Lady Riel, hold on tight. Or you might fall off the horse."

"Ha...!"

Riel burst out a hollow laugh at the words that seemed to imply she would be knocked off.

Iana smiled meaningfully and pulled on the reins.

"Then let's get started."

The horse carrying Iana and Riel galloped away quickly.

✦ ✦ ✦

Thump, thump, thump.

The party raced through the forest.

Iana followed from behind so as not to disturb the Emperor's hunting.

The Emperor stopped his horse and shot an arrow at a flying bird.

Swoosh- Thwack!

The arrow-struck bird fell straight to the ground.

The bird that fell to the ground writhed pitifully as if in pain.

"You have to move more. If you want to live."

The Emperor muttered, looking down at the dying bird bleeding.

As if enjoying the bird's pain.

Woof! Woof!

The excited hunting dogs barked fiercely.

But the knights did not release the hunting dogs' leashes, as if not wanting to disturb the Emperor's time.

Iana thought as she watched the Emperor's cruel appearance.

'The Emperor hunts to see that look.'

The Emperor was inexplicably obsessed with hunting.

But Iana was able to understand the reason today.

A twisted sadism to confirm his existence by watching the prey writhe in pain.

He seemed to want to feel like a god who could inflict pain and death on living things.

At that moment, Iana saw Charles watching the Emperor.

His face was serene.

A cold, calm look that came when anger reached its peak.

The arrow-struck bird no longer moved.

The Emperor gestured with an impassive face, and the knights released the hunting dogs' leashes.

Woof! Woof!

The hunting dogs bared their sharp teeth and ran to bite the dead bird.

The Emperor smiled contentedly and opened his mouth in a calm voice.

"Count Dietrian, speak."

"Ask away."

Carrion, who was riding behind, bowed his head briefly.

"Tell me why I am leisurely hunting now, when the war in the north is in full swing."

"That is, well..."

Carrion couldn't get his words out properly at the sudden question.

The Emperor turned his gaze and asked Charles a question.

"Grand Duke Ervin, answer."

"Isn't it to show a relaxed appearance for the sake of the people of the Empire who are worried about the war?"

Charles answered without the slightest hesitation.

The Emperor asked with a suspicious look.

"Do you really think so?"

"A small anxiety revealed by the Monarch comes to the people of the Empire as a typhoon-like fear. Therefore, I saw in a book that the Monarch must show a dignified appearance at all times."

The Emperor laughed loudly as if satisfied with Charles's response.

"That's right. Well then, shall we start hunting again? For the sake of the people of the Empire."

While the Emperor was hunting, Iana and Riel watched from afar on horseback.

"Iana, you said you were going to knock me off the horse, so why are you just standing there?"

Riel sneered in a low voice, staring ahead.

Iana opened her mouth in a cold voice.

"I even thought about getting rid of you with magic."

"What?"

"I thought it would be less painful for you. So I thought about what would be the most painful way for you."

Riel slowly turned her head halfway and asked a question.

"What's the method you came up with?"

"I'm going to spread rumors that you dare to covet the Empress's seat. So that everyone's eyes are focused on you."

"......!"

"Because there's nothing as painful as having your hopes crushed."

"Are you trying to frame me and kill me now?"

Riel gave a twisted smile.

Iana lowered her head to Riel's shoulder and whispered.

"It's not a frame-up. Do you think I don't know what you're up to with Duke Havel behind the scenes?"

"......!"

"I told you to think about it, didn't I? Who I planted as a spy."

Iana knew better than anyone how Riel had become Empress in her previous life.

Riel became Empress in her previous life only a year after becoming the Emperor's mistress.

By framing the Empress's family with Duke Havel.

Many things had changed after the regression, but it was clear that she would now be plotting to make Riel Empress.

The problem was that Charles was pretending to submit to the Emperor, so he couldn't directly attack Riel, the Emperor's mistress.

So the method Iana chose was self-destruction.

'I'm going to make them suspicious of each other and mess things up.'

"You're telling me you planted a spy? Iana, don't you be up to something!"

Riel said with a sneer, but Iana continued without paying attention.

"I told you, the fight has to be fair."

"So?"

"I, with my strong magical power, have to give you this much consideration, right? If I'm going to fight a slave-born mistress who's worse than an ordinary person."

"What did you say?"

The moment Riel turned her head to look at Iana's face, she lost her balance and staggered.

Iana grabbed Riel's shoulders tightly with both hands.

"Riel, you will not become Empress."

"Let go!"

"Because you'll soon end up like that in His Majesty the Emperor's hands."

Swoosh- Thwack!

Iana pointed to the bird that was shot by the Emperor's arrow and falling.

Thud!

The bird that fell to the ground died just like that. Without even flapping its wings once.

✦ ✦ ✦

At dusk, the party arrived at the Imperial Palace from the hunting grounds.

The Emperor went straight into the Imperial Palace with Riel.

Iana saw Charles standing blankly among the people who were busily coming and going.

A blank face lost in deep thought.

His expressionless face had a cold impression as if he was angry.

'What is Your Highness thinking?'

Iana hesitated as she was about to approach him.

Iana made eye contact with Charles.

Charles smiled at her. Warmly and kindly, as if he had read her mind.

Only then did Iana approach Charles.

The two walked towards the detached palace where their lodgings were and talked.

"Your Highness, what were you thinking so intently about?"

Charles threw out a statement that was out of context.

"Perhaps it's not that he's changed, but that he's always been like that."

"What is?"

At Iana's question, Charles stared at the Imperial Palace and said.

"I thought that perhaps the way he showed us when he was young was a lie."

"......!"

Her eyes shook greatly.

Charles had never expressed himself about the Emperor in that way.

He thought that the Emperor had changed into a power-hungry person because of the treacherous subjects after he ascended the throne.

But as he spent time close to the Emperor, he seemed to realize how cruel he was.

Charles said resolutely with eyes filled with despair.

"If he was originally like that..."

"......?"

"He was someone who shouldn't have been in that position. My brother."

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!