VWB 53

Happy
0
The Villainess Wants to Be Terminally Ill
This wasn't the first time Yulan had reacted strangely whenever 'love' was mentioned.

Every time a conversation turned toward love, his expression would stiffen, or he would simply sneer with a cold face.

It was an attitude that clearly indicated some past wound.

It would be a lie to say she wasn't curious about that past.

However...

'I'd rather not get any more entangled with Yulan than this.'

She didn't mind if they had to make requests or take on favors to help each other, but she hoped she wouldn't learn any more about him on a personal level.

Yevgenia was a person who was far more self-aware than she appeared.

If, by some chance, she began to get to know him better and delved deep into his inner self, there was no guarantee she wouldn't start acting like the 'Yevgenia' from the original story again.

Raymond had endured her excessive obsession because he had much to gain from her, but Yulan was different.

He was a man who had no reason to indulge in the abnormal obsession she displayed.

Thus, Yevgenia decided not to ask him any questions.

Listening to his past and soothing his wounds was a task for the female lead destined for him, not for her.

Turning her gaze back to the window, Yevgenia naturally changed the subject.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore. I've been living quite diligently lately and was starting to forget about it."

"Ah, I see."

"Anyway, I'm glad the request was resolved perfectly. What are you going to do about 'Yuri'?"

As the conversation returned to business, Yulan's expression became considerably more professional.

Would it be strange if she found him more comfortable like this?

She remembered how flustered she had been when he spoke of physical attraction and the desire for conquest.

His current professional and cold demeanor made Yevgenia feel far more stable.

"I wonder. What does the Imperial Princess think?"

"My father won't bother paying attention, so just decide on a time that's convenient for you and let me know through Madam a day in advance. I'll need time to prepare my emotions."

"I like how clean this is. I am curious to see you wailing, thinking your beloved lover has died."

Yevgenia responded with a light laugh at his slightly playful remark.

"I'll collapse right in front of the main gate and sob my heart out, so come watch while pretending to be a reporter. Since I've built this much of a foundation, I'll let you watch the plan be perfectly finalized. However..."

"You're saying I should disguise myself well so I don't get caught, right?"

"Yes. Even if my father pretends not to notice, the servants around him really don't know anything, so keep it reasonable."

Relaxing her stiff posture, Yevgenia looked out the window and spoke without much thought.

"You can't cover your eyes with hair like Yuri does, and if a blind craftsman wanders around the Duke's estate, the guards will kick him out... Ah, tinted glasses would be perfect."

"Tinted glasses? What are those?"

"Ah, um, well, gemstones with color... You make glasses using something like crystals."

A cold sweat momentarily ran down her back at Yulan's reaction.

Since carriages and glasses existed, she had naturally assumed tinted glasses would exist as well.

Since such precious items were usually presented to the Imperial Family first, she thought they might exist in this world even if they weren't in 'Yevgenia's' memories.

'I just threw the idea out there thinking there was no way Yulan wouldn't know if they existed, but to think he actually doesn't...'

Now that it had come to this, she had to move past the situation as naturally as possible.

With a small smile, Yevgenia spoke in an unnaturally excited voice.

"I just thought of this while talking, but you're saying no one has made these yet? This seems like it could make quite a bit of money... Should I start a business after all?"

"If you make glasses with colored crystals, the price would skyrocket. Even nobles wouldn't be able to buy them easily."

His utterly cold response made her feel unexpectedly irritated.

It had been a word spoken on a whim, but as she thought about it, there was no better business item.

Especially in a stable economic situation like this, luxury goods would sell like wildfire.

Straightening her posture, Yevgenia spoke to Yulan as if giving advice.

"You have to set the sales strategy properly. The frames must be gold or platinum, and you hire a craftsman who specializes in precious metals to design them as luxuriously as possible. Then, if you spread a rumor that these are new glasses that only the 'nobles among nobles' can wear..."

"The bourgeois, who have plenty of money but crave prestige, would scramble to buy them with fire in their eyes."

Yulan's green eyes sparkled as Yevgenia's explanation continued.

As if he were becoming interested, his body gradually leaned toward her.

Normally, she would have found the distance burdensome, but thinking of it as praise for her ability, she felt satisfied instead.

With a smile, Yevgenia added as a finishing touch.

"The colors of gemstones are quite diverse."

"..."

"It would also be good to sell them corresponding to the family colors. If a yellow topaz shines golden in the light..."

"Ha, I can already see my father going absolutely crazy for it."

Yevgenia's mouth, which had been speaking excitedly, snapped shut.

She thought she had become quite comfortable with Yulan as their time talking grew longer, but she could never get used to the chill that ran through her chest whenever he casually spat out words insulting the Emperor.

Yulan let out a hollow laugh, as if he didn't care whether she felt awkward or not.

"You really are an interesting person."

"Contact me anytime if you want to start a business with this item. 5:5 split, on the condition that you handle all the practical work. Keep in mind that I won't compromise below that."

She was aware that she was being brazen.

However, since she had provided such a novel idea and even a sales strategy, surely she could claim 5 percent?

Even considering that, her conscience stung a little, but she squared her shoulders and acted confident.

Watching Yevgenia, Yulan chuckled and subtly shifted his position closer to her.

Pressing his body against hers so closely that there was no gap between their thighs, he buried his face in the crook of her neck.

The scent of her skin, laced with a luxurious perfume, penetrated deep into his lungs.

The skin touching the tip of his nose was so soft it made him sigh.

He twirled the red hair hanging down with his fingers.

Because it was so smooth, it slipped through every time he tried to wind it.

Every single thing that made up her was entirely different from the 'noble woman' he had known.

"Um, I think you're a bit... too close..."

"Hmm? In what way?"

"First of all, although we're enclosed here, shall we remember that we're outside? Usually, when outside, uh, people are supposed to respect each other's personal space, right?"

"Ah. Personal space."

Even as he said it, Yulan didn't seem particularly interested in the conversation.

It meant he was merely repeating Yevgenia's words with no intention of letting them sink into his head.

Rather, the hand that had been resting on the seat slowly advanced toward Yevgenia's waist.

Just before his left hand could grab her waist, Yevgenia managed to catch his fingers and spoke skeptically.

"I can tell you're not listening to me at all. In what part... did you get this... feeling, exactly?"

"I wonder..."

"If you've decided to pay with your body instead of lowering the percentage, I'm sorry, but let me just tell you that your body isn't that attractive to me."

She extended one hand toward him and firmly rejected him.

...Or so she thought, but it seemed her opinion wasn't that important to Yulan.

"Yevgenia."

"Uh, yes?"

"I think I want to ruin you."

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!