WYL 103

Happy
0
I Wish You Loved Me
Chenko, despite being only five years older than Valentin, acted as a middleman between the merchants and the orphanage children.

‘Since he was a man who could kill others and even end his own life without batting an eye, I figured he would be extraordinary even as a child.’

But to think he had become a low-life dealer at the age of fifteen.

Then came the year Valentin turned thirteen. Vasily, who used to gather in the bedroom every week to chatter about Princess Larisa, suddenly threw a piece of iron onto the table.

“Valentin, just what do you know?”

His voice was ice-cold.

Valentin stared silently at the object that had rolled across the table and fallen to the floor, suddenly feeling a sharp ache in his ankle.

“It’s exactly what you said a year ago. This was found in Pride’s horseshoe this morning. Is someone in this castle actually targeting me?”

However, Valentin could not easily open his mouth despite Vasily's pressing.

One year. The thing he had warned about only a year ago was happening now?

‘There is no mistake. Every event is occurring faster than before.’

The same went for Alexandre of the Bisk family.

Surprisingly, she too had become pregnant four years earlier than scheduled. If Valentin had not found her in advance and prepared a countermeasure, she would have certainly suffered a terrible fate.

‘Libertan… is he feeling anxious?’

It was unbelievable. The man who seemed destined to stand above everyone regardless of the situation—could he actually feel anxiety?

Hasty actions eventually lead to being caught. Around that time, the Emperor began to suspect Libertan even without any specific indication from Valentin. Because villains are always quick-witted, Libertan frequently left Makhachkala under the pretext of illness. The behavior of a thief fearing his own shadow only further fueled the Emperor's suspicion.

Could things really be this smooth?

Valentin began to fear the present, which followed a path entirely different from the life he had lived before. He felt a sense of urgency, wondering if he had fallen into some nasty trap laid by Libertan.

Ultimately, the biggest problem was Ivan.

Just as it had been before, Ivan in this life also shared a special familial bond with Libertan.

Regardless of how the past Ivan had been, the current Ivan was a young child who spent his time sleeping in and dozing off during lessons, immersed in playing war with his brothers. Valentin had intended to nip that in the bud, even if it meant locking him in a cage to separate him from Libertan.

Yes, that was certainly what he had thought.

“Save me.”

One day, Ivan, his face looking remarkably gaunt, visited without warning.

“Save me. What do I have to do for His Imperial Majesty the Emperor and Her Imperial Majesty the Empress to save me?”

That was the first time Valentin had been truly flustered by Ivan. As Valentin racked his brain to find a proper answer, Ivan shouted with eyes flushed deep red.

“Why are you pretending not to know? You already know everything, don't you? Every time I saw that ambiguous expression you make when you look at me, I felt like throwing up… Valentin, you're a great prophet. What was I like in the future? Did I die? What about Brother Vasily? Did he kill me? Did Tanya and Lara… do they know who I am…?”

“Whether they find out that you are Libertan’s son?”

A boy who had barely passed ten years of age.

If this boy grew up without being able to vent the anxiety hidden in his chest, would he end up with a face like that? If Libertan had been in this spot, Valentin would not have been able to resist swinging his fist. Given the height difference, it would likely hit around the abdomen.

“Ivan. You don't actually think your brothers would sincerely come to hate you, do you?”

“But… my uncle… no, my father… no, my un-uncle said everyone would hate me… that if Father, no, His Majesty, found out who I was, he would surely abandon me….”

At those words, Valentin couldn't help but let out a hollow laugh.

To brainwash and keep his own biological son as a hostage. Wasn't he even more malicious than Valentin had known? Swallowing the surging anger, Valentin spoke.

“I have nothing to say to you. I think it would be better to discuss family matters with your father or mother. Not someone like Duke Libertan.”

“But those two….”

“Those two have known for a long time.”

“…….”

“You don't know what I mean, do you? So if you're curious, go and hear it for yourself, Ivan. And don't you dare let the word 'Majesty' come out of your mouth in such a stupid way. Also, if you cry one more time, I'll make you play the role of a tent or a shield in the next war game.”

Valentin immediately turned around and went to find Vasily. Because he was the Crown Prince, Vasily had known several secrets of the Novarov Imperial Family, including Ivan's birth, for several years.

Vasily moved a chess piece with a look that suggested he had an inkling.

“It's probably because of that incident four days ago. The one where I killed a servant.”

Valentin's brow furrowed sharply. It was because Princess Larisa had received a hideous scar due to that day's incident. Vasily clicked his tongue and said.

“Lara is fine now. Stop worrying about it, Valentin. It's getting tedious.”

“Do you mean Ivan was terrified that he would suffer the same fate as that servant?”

“No. But it might have been a similar emotion. He looked extremely distressed. Seeing me being driven as a blood-crazed piece of trash….”

“…….”

“That man is truly vicious. To entrust the task of driving my own brother to see me as the seed of a tyrant. It is shameful to share the same blood as such a cruel man.”

It had been nearly a year since Vasily had received assassination threats due to Libertan's schemes.

He had played the part of a mad Crown Prince for a short while, just as Libertan wanted. This was because there was no easier way to drag out and interrogate innocent employees while pretending to dispose of them.

“You know, Valentin? Lara is trying to protect us. That little child understands the world. She judges for herself who needs protecting and puts it into action. She is so resolute that I feel pathetic in comparison.”

“Lara was always capable of everything.”

“I was surprised, so imagine how Ivan felt. Still, to think that kid said those things to you… haha, I'm truly relieved, Valentin. As expected, Ivan was my brother. He was a clever fellow….”

As he spoke, pure joy overflowed on Vasily's face. The boy was a Crown Prince who had learned to control his emotions at a young age. Perhaps that was why it had been so long since he smiled so brightly, and it touched Valentin's heart.

When he visited the Imperial Palace again a week later, he heard new news from Vasily.

“Exactly one year. Ivan decided to maintain contact with Libertan for exactly one year. He's essentially acting as a double agent. Ha… that brat has no fear. Does he know how old he is to do such a thing? Does he need to be severely scolded to learn that people are scary? What a scatterbrained fellow.”

Though Vasily appeared rarely unable to contain his anger, Valentin felt a great sense of relief inwardly.

‘From now on, it will be different.’

Ivan and Vasily have brothers who will protect and watch over them. They will no longer go astray or become twisted. The Novarov Imperial Family will become more steadfast, and the opportunity for Libertan to penetrate those gaps will not come.

‘There is still a long way to go… but I just need to move forward step by step, as I have done until now.’

As hope reached that point, a great question arose once more.

Why is it so smooth?

How can everything flow so naturally?

‘…What a stupid question.’

Yes, it must be because of you. Princess Larisa, it started with you.

Look, Lara… everything changed because of you.

Fedora, who watched the suffering of the brothers.

Chenko, who transported the Messiah.

The mothers who lost their daughters.

Ivan, who was always anxious and afraid.

And I, who had been hiding, exhausted.

I was saved in the world where you were born. You are such a magnificent existence. Truly, you might be the only chance to stop this hell.

Perhaps, Lara.

Could you be my god?

…Yes, I mean you.

I snapped my eyes open.

As I quietly caught my breath, I saw a familiar ceiling. My body felt incredibly heavy, but seeing that my five senses were vividly alive, it was clear I hadn't died yet.

‘What was that?’

I felt as though I had just had a very long dream. But I couldn't remember a single thing.

‘Good grief. What kind of dream was it… I think Valentin appeared. No? Was I mistaken?’

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!