WYL 105

Happy
0
I Wish You Loved Me
Valentin looked very angry.

The source of his irritation could be easily deduced from the relentless stream of nagging (which was also a warning). Who else could it be? Me, of course.

[There is only one bullet, and since I will protect Your Highness, not a single hair on your head will be harmed. However, considering Your Highness's height, it would be better to keep your head lowered. Pretending to be moved to tears wouldn't be a bad idea, either.]

Despite such a warning, he was angry because I had bravely acted to protect him. But I was helpless. I love you, Valentin. Even if time were turned back, I would surely do the same thing again.

I still lacked the courage to put love into words. Right now, my body was so worn down that I didn't have the energy for complex worries, but from the moment the sun rose tomorrow morning, I planned to start agonizing over my feelings. For tonight, at least, I didn't want to think about anything.

Unable to do anything but pout, I noticed Valentin's brow furrow slightly.

'Ah...'

It wasn't my imagination. His anger could be felt even in the way he meticulously disinfected the stitches. It was certainly gentle and thorough, but strangely, it felt as if he were pressing down firmly.

'I feel a bit wronged...'

Still, I had a hole in my shoulder; couldn't he be a bit more tender? It wasn't because of Valentin, but from the moment my drowsiness vanished, cold sweat had begun to break out.

In reality, my body was quite exhausted, and since Valentin was being spiteful by ignoring my groans, I lay there motionless with my eyes closed.

"...Princess Larisa."

Pain flared up intermittently, but I grit my teeth and endured it. In truth, it wasn't a grand gesture; it was just a silent protest—if you ignore me, I'll ignore you too...

"Your Highness, please stop joking. The bandages have been changed, so you may rest now."

Hearing Valentin's voice grow urgent at some point, didn't that make me feel rather good?

While I struggled to hold back a smile, Valentin shook my body more vigorously.

"...Princess Larisa."

His voice was laced with clear terror.

I began to feel that something was wrong the moment I felt a slight tremor in the hand gripping my left arm. Looking flustered, Valentin's hand traveled up from my wrist to wipe away the cold sweat on my forehead. He spoke in a deeply shaken voice, devoid of any of the coldness from before.

"I am sorry, Your Highness. I was wrong. You know I was just being petty for a moment. Your fever wouldn't break for four days..."

Unable to overcome the sudden surge of guilt, I immediately pushed myself up.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine! I—ugh... ow ow ow. I'm perfectly fine, Valentin. I was just resting for a bit!"

Our eyes met, his gaze hollow and empty. As I looked at him with concern, he frozen as if time had stopped, the large hand that had been covering my forehead slowly slid down to stroke my face.

Valentin then pulled me into an embrace around my waist.

'Huh?'

His movements were too soft for me to be startled into a panic. Because of the bedding wrapped meticulously around me like a gift, there was no actual physical contact between us, yet his emotions were conveyed vividly.

I looked at Valentin, who held me as if shielding my entire body, with a strange feeling, and carefully raised my hand to stroke his silver hair. The sensation of the soft strands gliding through my fingers tickled my heart.

'He was so worried.'

I shouldn't have played that prank.

It feels like I've done something terribly mean...

While pondering how to break this atmosphere, I chose one of the two questions swirling in my head. The question about what happened to the public prayer meeting.

"Um, Valentin. What is it that you like about Oksana?"

...Ah, no.

'Not this!'

Does falling in love break the brain? I had decided to postpone the first question, yet not even ten seconds had passed before it flew out of my mouth. Does my intelligence require at least thirty seconds for the tongue to follow the brain's lead?

I changed the question, pretending nothing had happened.

"That was a mistake. What happened to the public prayer meeting? You said four days have already passed."

Please pretend you didn't hear that. Even if you did, pretend you didn't.

After a brief silence.

"We captured over ten rebels, including the Cardinal, and they are currently being interrogated. Six of the individuals Your Highness singled out are among them."

"...Six of them?"

Really? When I asked back in a voice of disbelief, Valentin, who had raised his upper body while keeping his arms braced, whispered while looking at me.

"You did well."

My heart fluttered at the gentle praise.

"...Well, it's basic. As you know, my memory is quite good."

"Are you curious about why I am proposing to Illin's Oksana?"

I wanted to run away.

However, Valentin's firm arm pressing down on the bed to my right and his lower body lightly resting on the edge of the bed to my left trapped me.

No matter which way I turned my head, I wouldn't be able to hide my expression from Valentin, who was looking down at me. If you can't run, you must face it. I nodded with a shrinking voice.

"Yes."

I couldn't bring myself to look Valentin in the face. I had a feeling he was smiling.

"I see. Does it bother you? To the point where you ask me about it the moment you wake up?"

"...Yes."

The hand that had been resting neatly on his leg touched my face. When I applied force to stop him from turning my head forward, I heard a small laugh. Relaxing the strength in his hand, he gently touched my ear as if to say he understood my intention and that I shouldn't overdo it.

"You did well."

Did well? At what?

From that point on, I was immersed in a very dangerous thought. The imagination of wanting to rub my cheek against him while hugging his body.

At some point, we were just looking at each other. His slowly blinking eyelashes and warm gaze. And when I felt the air grow tense for some reason, I recognized an intense attraction that I simply could not resist.

I wondered if Valentin felt the same.

The moment I unconsciously clenched my fists from an unbearable tremor—

"Ow."

I winced as a sharp pain shot through my shoulder as if on cue.

Simultaneously, the indescribable, strange atmosphere that had divided us dissolved as if the tension had simply snapped.

"...I should go and get some rest now. I will call Miss Fedora, so please sleep without overexerting yourself. I will save the rest of my nagging for later."

Withdrawing his arm and standing up, Valentin turned his back to me. He walked away with long strides, but then stopped abruptly, turned back, and pulled the blanket up to cover me all the way to the top of my head.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

Wait.

That's it?

So what is the reason you proposed to Oksana?

Perhaps the reason I couldn't ask again was that the drowsiness I had been suppressing suddenly crashed over me.

'Somehow, I want to kick this blanket off.'

But I didn't have the energy. I heard the quiet sound of the door closing, and I fell fast asleep as if collapsing.

The following afternoon.

As soon as I opened my eyes, a messenger and a letter had arrived before me.

<Respected Princess Larisa.

This is the first time I am greeting you in writing. I am sincerely relieved that you have awakened after four days.

I imagine you must be surprised by this sudden contact. I have hurried this process because I wish to see Princess Larisa in Shaharansk.

Please forgive me for daring to invite you to Shaharansk instead of meeting you at the Imperial Palace. I am entrusting this invitation to a trusted person, so please do not disclose this to anyone and focus on your recovery.

I will send someone in three days.

Sincerely,

Duchess Illyn>

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!