
"Ah!"
I was truly sorry to Veronica, but this was the only way to get her out of here.
"Evelyn, are you okay?"
"I'm sorry. Evelyn was wrong. I'm sorry!"
"No, I'm really okay."
Veronica shook her head kindly. Veronica patted her skirt and asked me.
"I think I need to go to the restroom for a moment, can you be alone?"
"Uung. Evelyn is sorry."
"I told you, it's really okay."
Veronica stared at me with eyes as if she were looking at a child. Veronica told me she was okay several times and left.
I looked around.
Most of the people had left the banquet hall, and those who remained were peeking outside.
That meant no one was paying attention to me. I corrected my posture, which had been childish until now.
I straightened my back and looked ahead.
Just like Veronica.
And I turned away from Duke Spelman. As if Veronica had never left her seat.
I was also looking outside when a maid approached me.
"...There's someone outside looking for Lady."
"Me?"
"Yes, Lady."
"Does it have to be now?"
The maid replied coldly.
"Yes, they said it has to be now. They told me to tell you they came from the far west."
The west?
"The name is Tailored."
Tailored.
I don't know who it is, but it's obvious it's a name Veronica knows.
"I'll go."
"I'll escort you."
I nodded and turned around, following the maid while hiding my eyes to avoid the gaze of anyone who might be paying attention to me.
I succeeded.
I fooled them again. A small thrill surged.
* * *
What Augustine prepared was enough to attract people's attention. Short, thick fireworks decorated the sky.
He found a suitable excuse and dragged Cerden outside. Cerden came out more willingly than he thought.
"The young master is so romantic!"
People praised Augustine with a fuss. Augustine confirmed that he had bought enough time.
20 minutes.
He made eye contact with Duke Spelman, and the Duke nodded.
'I succeeded!'
Augustine burst into a big laugh.
"Spelman has to do this much. Spelman prepared this place for Lady, so we have to do our best."
He pretended to laugh heartily.
The group praising Augustine all giggled.
"Oh my! It's Spelman after all. The young master is so generous, just like the Duke!"
None of them were even mentioning Veronica, the protagonist of this event. The protagonist of the event had already been subverted.
Spelman was the protagonist here.
Cerden scoffed at this ridiculous farce. There were definitely glances at Cerden.
Veronica was not there. And Duke Spelman was nowhere to be seen. This play was a success.
Just then, a knight disguised as a servant approached him, passing by. The attendant handed him a glass.
"Princess Veronica has disappeared. They moved."
It was as expected.
"Veronica's safety is the most important thing."
"I've already told them that. People are already following them, so they'll never miss them."
"The bastard?"
The attendant, who understood who Cerden meant, nodded.
"The bastard has moved too."
Cerden clenched the glass tightly. He would never miss them. Now was Cerden's hunting time.
The thought of sinking his teeth into the back of Duke Spelman's neck made him feel exhilarated. It felt like he had seized the enemy's flag.
He was no longer being chased by Spelman, but chasing them. Cerden licked his lips.
He was sorry to Veronica, but he would never let her get hurt.
"I'll follow right away. You guys strengthen the security here and if anyone acts strangely, put someone on them."
"Yes, Your Highness."
Cerden was slowly moving when.
"Evelyn!"
A familiar voice was heard from afar. A person was seen swimming upstream like a salmon, pushing through the people entering the banquet hall.
"Cerden, Your Highness, the Crown Prince!"
A familiar voice.
Body type. And that face gasping for breath.
Even the decorations that had caused a shocking reaction in many ways today.
The disheveled veil fell back, revealing her eyes.
It was definitely supposed to be Evelyn. Evelyn was supposed to be here.
"Veronica...?"
Veronica, who approached quickly, grabbed Cerden's wrist tightly. Veronica's frightened breathing spread.
"Have you seen Evelyn? I went to the restroom for a moment and she disappeared. She was definitely here. No one saw her!"
Veronica asked with a frightened face.
"She must be lost in the garden, right? She'll be around here. Please find Evelyn. Huh?"
He had definitely heard the news that Veronica had been kidnapped.
His heartbeat echoed in his ears.
He felt like he was suffocating. The same daunting feeling as when he first stood on the battlefield.
Cerden let go of Veronica's hand and turned his head. He made eye contact with Augustine, who was laughing and chatting with the women.
He saw Augustine's smile slowly fading.
Augustine, who had separated the people, approached Cerden and Veronica.
Augustine spoke smoothly.
"Veronica, Lady."
"...Young Master."
"You're here."
Augustine raised his lips long.
Cerden stared at Augustine and moved his lips.
"Here."
Attendants who understood his signal gathered. Cerden's people.
"Go and call the knights. Evelyn has disappeared. Seal this place off so that not even an ant can get out."
"Yes, Your Highness!"
"No one should come in. You have to watch even the birds flying by. Do you understand?"
The attendants nodded and scattered quickly. People began to murmur.
They were the ones who heard Cerden's powerful voice. Augustine said in a strange voice.
"Evelyn, has my sister disappeared?"
"Yes."
"Oh dear. She might be lost. She's the kind of person who would be."
"Then she'll be back quickly."
"I hope so, Your Highness."
Cerden frowned. His fist clenched. He definitely believed that Evelyn would be safe.
Evelyn would return with a smiling face, as she always did. And she would hug him like a child.
She'll be safe.
Today, Evelyn, who was suddenly wearing the same dress and decorations as Veronica, came to mind.
His heart thumped.
Evelyn knew!
After reasoning, he was left with certainty again.
She must have known that Duke Spelman was targeting Veronica and took action to prevent it.
As always, she threw herself to save the lives of others.
Why the hell.
Why the Spelman bloodline!
The existence that had been constantly planting confusion and questions in Cerden for the past few months did so again this time.
The knights he had called for rushed in.
"Your Highness, the Crown Prince, we have sealed off the area!"
"Eight carriages escaped before the blockade. And a total of 15 people have been confirmed to have left the banquet hall."
"...If anyone disobeys the order and tries to forcibly leave the banquet hall."
Cerden looked at Augustine and continued.
"...It's okay to kill them."
Augustine stroked his chin.
He was acting as if he were the owner of the imperial family. He blatantly disobeyed Cerden's order not to show himself in the imperial family and was here.
Augustine burst into laughter. It was a bizarre laugh.
"It seems like tonight will be a really long night."
Bastard.
.jpg)