EMW 35

Happy
0
I Become The Evil Mastermind Idiot Wife
Everyone witnessed Cerden and Evelyn standing together amicably. Even Duke Spelman.

Until Evelyn and Veronica showed up looking like a mess, he had just thought it was a ridiculous farce.

He probably thought Princess Veronica, who had nothing, was being played by Evelyn.

Evelyn, with the mindset of a child, often did unexpected things.

The surprising thing was Cerden and Evelyn's relationship.

"......Surely, His Highness, the Crown Prince, doesn't genuinely cherish that simpleton, does he? It's a disgrace to Spelman!"

"I know, right? I actually thought the marriage would end quickly."

"Who wouldn't? Ah, but Your Highness, the Crown Prince, must have some sense. How long will he keep such a woman around?"

The chattering people glanced at Duke Spelman. Duke Spelman simply smiled.

That's how Evelyn is treated. And Evelyn was doing her job well enough in her position.

Just preventing Cerden from marrying Rozalina and having an heir was enough. She was quite good at what she was told to do.

The problem was that poison didn't seem to work on the Empress or the Lady.

But she even managed to catch Cerden's eye like that. She was still a commendable daughter.

'I'm glad she didn't die back then.'

He had that thought for the first time in a while.

If poison didn't work on the Lady and the Empress, they could use physical methods. If the Lady disappeared, one shield protecting the Empress would be gone.

After Veronica, it was the Lady's turn.

Duke Spelman's gaze turned to Veronica, who was smiling awkwardly among the people.

"Oh, Duke! You were here. Thank you so much for inviting me to such a precious event today."

It was the director of the Natural History Museum. He rubbed his hands together as he appeared, winking.

"Thank you for coming."

Duke Spelman greeted him as if he were the owner of the Imperial Palace.

"Don't mention it. Of course, I had to come. You called me, Duke."

"So, about the favor I asked?"

"Everything you mentioned is perfectly prepared. It's waiting outside."

Spelman narrowed his eyes and smiled. So many people here would be accomplices. No one would help Veronica, no matter what happened to her.

All they had to do was move Cerden to a place where he couldn't see.

"Augustine."

His son, though lacking, was perfect for the job. At Duke Spelman's call, Augustine appeared, shuffling.

"Why did you call me?"

He had kept Augustine completely in the dark about what was happening today. For the past few days, Augustine had been courting Raymond's second daughter.

The girl was visible five steps away from Augustine.

Hazel Raymond.

She resembled Marquis Raymond, with a stern and intellectual impression. She was too good for Augustine. There were even many who said that the second daughter was more suitable as an heir than the first.

But for a family to be peaceful, the firstborn had to take over the family business.

The stubborn and conservative Marquis Raymond thought so and decided.

That's why he coveted Hazel.

Because he thought she would fill Augustine's shortcomings.

'I heard she's stubborn, and she really seems to be.'

It was clear that she didn't welcome the relationship with Augustine.

If this matter went well, it would be good to meet Hazel and talk.

Duke Spelman turned his attention to his son.

"Can you take the Crown Prince and his followers outside? Just buy us about 20 minutes in the garden."

Augustine's expression changed immediately. The laughter and dissatisfaction disappeared, replaced by a stiff face.

"Finally, today..."

"It's not a difficult task, so I trust you'll do well."

"Yes, Father. Finally, I can get rid of that hateful bitch."

Augustine smiled with a face that resembled Duke Spelman. Augustine stared at Veronica with cold eyes.

'A nobody who got the label of royalty just because she was born into the right family.'

That position should belong to someone who is qualified. Augustine said.

"Don't worry, Father. Just trust me."

Duke Spelman smiled and mingled among the people.

Augustine approached Hazel.

The look in her eyes was cold.

But that look would soon be broken.

"Lady Hazel. I've been boring you."

"I'm fine."

"Next time, I'll hold a banquet here for your birthday. With Spelman's power, it's not that difficult!"

Augustine puffed out his chest. He didn't even notice Hazel looking at him with contempt.

Right now, Augustine's attention was focused on Cerden. On another person who was sitting in an undeserved position thanks to being born into the right family.

* * *

I escaped from Cerden's side and barely caught my breath, then looked around. There were many people interested in me, but not many approached.

I took a seat at one side of the table and pretended to enjoy the delicious food.

"Ugh, boring."

Rozalina was also sitting next to me with a bored face.

"Are you just going to sit here and eat?"

Rozalina couldn't stand it and snapped. She often revealed her true self these days.

It's because they don't know me well anyway, right?

Seeing how everyone around me is letting their guard down in front of me, it seems I'm doing well.

The only one who still suspects me is Cerden.

Ah, thinking about Cerden again. I shook my head.

"Huh?"

Ah. I was talking to Rozalina.

"I'm going to eat more. I'm going to keep eating here!"

"Your Highness. You should mingle with people!"

Rozalina opened her eyes wide and sighed deeply.

She must be frustrated.

That woman was only satisfied when she reigned as the queen bee of society. Being stuck in a corner like this must be making her fidgety.

"I don't want to. It's not fun. I'm not close to them! They're not my friends!"

Even now, people were glancing at me and Veronica and whispering.

Most of them were Spelman's people.

There was no need to deepen my relationships with them. It would only get in the way of what was happening today.

And Rozalina too.

I needed to keep an eye on Augustine, Spelman, and Veronica's movements, and it was hard for me to move around with Rozalina around.

"Isn't Rozalina my friend?"

"Tch, we're friends!"

"Hmph!"

I crossed my arms and turned my head away. I could hear Rozalina grinding her teeth.

"Go away! I'm not playing with Rozalina anymore. Hmph!"

"......Can you stay here alone? I'll be back in a moment."

"Hmph! I won't tell you!"

Rozalina glared at me as if she wanted to punch me, then lowered her head and mingled among the people who were waiting for her.

Only after confirming that did I comfortably look around.

Everyone's in their place.

I pretended to eat more and rummaged through the plate. Cerden was also not far from Veronica.

'He's pretty.'

Please stop thinking about him!

I quickly turned my gaze away from Cerden. Was I going to give him my heart and soul just because I heard that once?

This is driving me crazy. He's a man with too many sins, really.

I inhaled and exhaled.

Focus on Veronica. And on Duke Cerden too.

I pretended to happily eat delicious things and looked at Duke Spelman. Duke Spelman and I made eye contact. I casually waved my hand.

And I saw that director guy around him too.

They'll start moving soon. Should I move closer to Veronica? There must be some kind of signal.

I slowly moved around Veronica. Fortunately, no one thought it was strange no matter what I did.

It's because she's weird anyway.

I could see what they were thinking.

I circled around Veronica, sipping my drink. It was then.

"Your Highness, the Crown Prince! Let's move outside. There seems to be a small event outside to celebrate Lady's birthday today. Let's go out together."

I saw Augustine drawing people's attention. He was showing off his feathers to Cerden like a flamboyant peacock.

Duke Spelman was smiling. Looking at his son.

That's the signal.

"Ver."

I shook Veronica's arm.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!