EMW 40

Happy
0
I Become The Evil Mastermind Idiot Wife
As Cerden revealed himself, those conducting the investigation greeted him with tense faces.

Knights who had been thoroughly searching the Natural History Museum rushed over to report what they had discovered.

"We've confirmed that the forest behind the museum connects to the outskirts of the Imperial City."

"The floor of the unfinished materials warehouse was dug up. It seems like they were trying to hide a body..."

Cerden, listening to the breathless reports, issued an order.

"Bring me a map of the capital."

The order was carried out immediately.

Cerden scanned the map spread out on the table.

His eyes moved along the Natural History Museum and the Imperial City.

Following the forest connected to Oliver Hall leads to the Natural History Museum.

"Ha."

Cerden could understand why Duke Spelman had contacted the director of the Natural History Museum. It was the head of the assassin's guild who had persuaded the coachman to reveal their destination.

It was thanks to him that they were able to chase after those who had disappeared through the unknown secret passage.

His name was James, wasn't it?

And it seemed they had finally figured out the route they had taken.

There was a reason why it had to be Oliver Hall on the outskirts of the Imperial City. It was an old and dilapidated place. That's why there were so many ways to get out.

'There are many hidden secret passages too.'

Spelman knew something that Cerden didn't.

Cerden summoned the aide who was in charge of the site. The aide bowed his head.

"Find those who were in charge of the Imperial City's architectural blueprints. And you must find everyone who had a hand in the construction of the Imperial City."

"I will do my best, Your Highness!"

"Did you find the director of the Natural History Museum?"

"That's..."

The aide frowned.

"There's a bit of a problem."

"What problem?"

Cerden frowned and turned his head. Duke Spelman had cut off all the tails, so they had to get their hands on the director of the Natural History Museum at least.

"...The director fell off the balcony and is currently in critical condition. He hit his head, of all things..."

"What?"

Cerden narrowed his eyes. A cold wind brushed past Cerden's cheek.

"Explain it in detail. What exactly happened?"

"It was Young Master Augustine. There was a scuffle with Augustine, and he fell during the process. Her Majesty the Empress witnessed everything."

"So she collapsed."

Cerden let out a hollow laugh. Then, he clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. Duke Spelman hadn't gained anything, but neither had he.

Cerden bit back a curse.

The aide flinched and trembled. Cerden's eyes were filled with a fierce murderous intent.

"Your Highness, the Crown Prince..."

"...He must be saved. Mobilize all the reliable healers, even if it means saving him."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Next was James's turn. As a reward for doing a good job this time, James was pardoned.

In fact, if it hadn't been for James, they might not have arrived so quickly and on time.

Duke Spelman had many helpers. How many people had approached Duke Spelman at the banquet today?

But he hadn't left and had come to find Cerden.

James gave a servile smile.

"Yo, Your Highness, the Crown Prince."

"I would have given you a chance to leave. And I would have paid you generously."

"Ah, ahem. Where would I go now?"

James shook his head.

"Duke Spelman has already seen me. He knows that I betrayed him, so he'll be after me now. How can I leave when I know I'll die? I don't want to live on the run."

"Then."

"Plea, please let me stay by your side. I'll do anything. I was a great help this time, wasn't I! I'm sure I can be again next time!"

Cerden smiled coldly.

Now all sorts of riffraff are gathering. James may seem fine like that, but he's actually a guy who used to kill people in the assassination guild.

'But how am I any different?'

What makes me so clean?

He remembers the warm blood that stained his hands, the countless people who died by his hand.

War was so cruel and terrifying. He had to give up being human and be prepared to die in order to survive there.

Cerden stared at the back of his hand and sighed.

"So be it. Sir Yurta, find a suitable position for this man. Tell Mortega, he will help. There will be a time when he is needed."

"Yes, Your Highness!"

"Tha, thank you, Your Highness, the Crown Prince! I will do my best! I will definitely repay the kindness of saving my life!"

Cerden coldly stared at James. He knows that he is a guy who can betray him at any time. Isn't that obvious? He doesn't move unless it's for his own needs.

Even now, he was only sticking to him because he didn't want to die.

He is a person without a sense of justice or loyalty.

But at that moment.

Evelyn came to mind. And Spelman came to mind. The severed tails and evidence too.

He's a guy who used to kill people, so he'll be used to that kind of thing. Cerden said quietly.

"Since you say you'll repay the favor, I can think of something you need to do right now."

"Your Highness...?"

James blinked his eyes like a cow.

"Call your men back together. Only those you can trust, those who will never reveal secrets."

"What do you want me to do?"

"You have to eat the food you're used to. You'll get sick if you try to eat other food. Follow Duke Spelman."

James tilted his head.

He still didn't understand.

"Cut off Duke Spelman before he cuts off his tail. You've been killing people, so you should know how to track them down in reverse."

"Ah!"

"Follow him and secure the witnesses before they die. Can you do it?"

"Just leave it to me!"

James smiled brightly. Cerden nodded.

"Use whatever money you need. Just tell Mortega."

"Yes, Your Highness!"

* * *

And at that time.

Evelyn was wandering in a dream.

"Ah, Father."

It was a place that only remained in her memory. It was definitely Duke Spelman.

Duke Spelman stood before Evelyn with a noble posture. He was like an unyielding old tree, looking down at her with his tall height.

Evelyn trembled.

She is 15 years old, but Evelyn's intelligence is only that of a child. Just being trapped in the underground chamber made her unable to breathe from fear.

She had been trapped for three hours already.

Tears flowed incessantly.

"I, I was wrong! Father, Evelyn was wrong! I won't do it again!"

Spelman clicked his tongue.

"It's not important that you don't do it again, Evelyn. You shouldn't have made such a mistake in the first place. You fell asleep while watching the opera? And then you spilled tea on the Countess's skirt."

"Fa, Father!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that you're a Spelman?"

Evelyn sobbed. Evelyn, who had crawled on the floor, hugged the Duke's legs.

The gaze that looked down at Evelyn, who was sobbing and begging for forgiveness, was as cold as frost.

"Father! I won't do it again! Evelyn can do well!"

"...Will you promise?"

At Duke Spelman's question, Evelyn nodded like crazy. Spelman held out his hand. Evelyn rushed into his arms.

Evelyn clung to Spelman like a lifeline. Duke Spelman smiled somewhat contentedly.

"Yes, that's right."

It's so easy to tame Evelyn. She didn't die from poison, and she survived the epidemic.

He can't kill his daughter who came back alive without a good reason, so what can he do? He has to tame her well and make her useful.

It felt like Duke Spelman's inner thoughts were being heard. Evelyn breathed heavily in Duke Spelman's arms.

The cold, snake-like body temperature strangely... began to heat up. Evelyn gasped and raised her head.

"...Cerden?"

It wasn't Duke Spelman who was holding her. It was Cerden. He was smiling. Towards Evelyn.

The spring breeze tickled her nose.

Darkness began to recede at a slow pace.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!