EMW 51

Happy
0
I Become The Evil Mastermind Idiot Wife
Veronica is a burden to Cerden. The Empress must be a burden as well. They try to do nothing.

She hides and runs away, repeating the cycle, under the pretext of not being a burden to Cerden. There must be something she can do, but she just upsets people with that expression.

It was as if she was saying, 'I'm too weak,' 'I can't do anything.'

Who on earth made Veronica like that? The Empress? Cerden? Or Duke Spelman?

Should I poke at it a little?

"Ver, Ver."

"Yes?"

Veronica, who had been complaining to me as if lamenting, widened her eyes.

"Do you know who Tailored is?"

It was a name I had heard at the banquet. It was also the name Duke Spelman used to lure Veronica out.

"Tailored... did you say? How does Evelyn know that person?"

Veronica trembled, her face pale. Looking around, Veronica grabbed my wrist.

Then she pulled me closer.

The maids chased after us at once, but Veronica said in a sharp voice.

"Stay more than 30 steps away!"

"But, Your Highness... Empress, it's dangerous..."

"I told you to stay away!"

It was a frantic voice. While the flustered maids were in confusion, Veronica grabbed me and moved away.

Veronica held my shoulder tightly. My face was reflected in her dilated pupils. Fortunately, it was a suitably frightened face.

"Where did you hear that name?"

"Uh, uh... Ver, are you angry?"

I pinched my thigh and squeezed out tears.

"Hoo, no, why would I... there's no way I would. I was just surprised."

"I, I heard it at Ver's birthday party. Sniffle."

I sniffled excessively. As if I was about to burst into tears at any moment. Even though Veronica wasn't threatening at all.

"...My birthday party?"

"Uh-huh... A friend named Tailored told me, Ver's friend, that he was looking for Ver, so... Sniffle. I was going to tell Tailored that Ver went to the bathroom, but..."

At my words, Veronica's face turned even paler. It was a precarious face, as if she had lost all her pigment. Veronica moved her lips.

"Duke Spelman, no..."

Veronica muttered with a blank face.

"Did that damned man use Tailored?"

"Sniffle."

Veronica didn't seem to know what she was saying.

There's definitely something there... I was so curious about what it was. I wonder if she'll tell me more.

"That dog-like bastard... dared to use Tailored... to use that person to harm me, to harm you. Crazy."

Curses were mixed in here and there. It wasn't like the usual Veronica. She seemed out of it.

Veronica grabbed my shoulder tightly. Veronica said firmly to me, who was crying.

"I'll take you back. Let's go quickly, Evelyn."

"Ve, what about Ver?"

"I... I think I need to meet my brother for a moment. There's something I need to talk about."

In Veronica's eyes, a flame was burning that I had never seen before. I feel like I had some influence, but I don't know what it is.

But what's still frustrating is that I can't ask about it. I stared blankly at Veronica as she took me to Julia and walked away.

Tell me too... I'm curious too...

* * *

Veronica threw open the door to Cerden's office herself. It was a force that would have startled the chief attendants who were chasing after her with bewildered faces.

"Did you know?"

Veronica shouted in a shrill voice.

"Know what."

"Did you know how Evelyn was kidnapped!"

Cerden raised his indifferent face.

Come to think of it, I didn't ask about that.

I knew that Evelyn was of sound mind, and since she voluntarily imitated Veronica, I just thought she would have followed them as they took her away.

But was that not the end of it?

"That bastard mentioned Tailored!"

Veronica screamed.

Cerden frowned.

"Did he say Tailored?"

"Yes!"

Of course, Cerden also knew that name. It was the name that broke Veronica. It was also the name that made that child a fool who couldn't do anything but fret.

He was the one who approached Veronica under Duke Spelman's orders, loved her, and was loved by her.

Veronica lost a lot in exchange for loving Tailored.

Duke Spelman was a ruthless man.

Tailored had to pay the price for loving Veronica. Because he had to die for not killing Veronica.

"Isn't he crazy? How can a person do that!"

In those days, she was just trembling with fear, but now she was full of anger. It was as if she couldn't stand Duke Spelman daring to utter that name.

"How dare he think of hurting me with that name!!!"

"So."

Cerden cut her off coldly.

"So what are you going to do?"

Veronica stared into Cerden's icy eyes. Cerden moved his lips expressionlessly.

"Did you come to me to ask me to punish him?"

This is the difference between Evelyn and Veronica. If Evelyn had experienced something like this, she would have found her own way.

She would have tried to find a way to take revenge no matter what. But Veronica just came to him with that lost, childlike face and whined.

"Brother..."

"Tell me. What else do I have to do for you?"

"I'm just."

Veronica took a step back. Cerden said coldly.

"Don't you have any intention of doing something?"

"......"

"Don't just get angry and cry, think about doing something."

Veronica made a confused expression. Cerden pushed her a little harder.

"Don't just ask me to do it. Do something yourself. God helps those who help themselves, right?"

Veronica trembled.

Watching her, Cerden sneered. God helps? He knew better than anyone that it was just sophistry.

No matter how hard Cerden tried, God had never answered him.

No, wait.

There was one time God answered. It was when he sent Evelyn.

That sunshine-like woman to Cerden. Like compensation for what Cerden had lost in the meantime.

"...What if I get hurt? What if Duke Spelman hurts the people around me again? What if they die like Tailored!"

"Does anything change if you do nothing?"

Cerden muttered coldly. In fact, even this emotionally draining conversation was tiring. Duke Spelman had only given him a week, and there was a lot to decide and prepare within that time.

He needed people who could adequately confront the knights and mercenaries that Duke Spelman was surely secretly raising. In order to completely get Augustine into his hands.

Cerden stared at Veronica with cold eyes. There was no emotion in them.

Veronica moved her lips like a goldfish.

I don't think she used to be like this. There was a time when Cerden and Veronica grew up like ordinary siblings.

Cerden wasn't a very good brother, but he wasn't a bad brother either.

There were kind days, and sometimes he carried Veronica on his back when she fell. He often ate carrots for Veronica when she didn't want to eat them.

When did she change like that, and why?

His heart sank.

What was Cerden's gaze towards Evelyn these days? She was a perfect contrast. There was a smile on his face.

He, who thought he had forgotten how to smile. His voice was also full of warmth. What was different?

Veronica squeezed out a voice.

"Brother..."

"Tell me. Did Duke Spelman even look at you because you ran away? What about this kidnapping case?"

Veronica stepped back.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!