EMW 66

Happy
0
I Become The Evil Mastermind Idiot Wife
"......I once had a lover. Do you remember that?"

"If you're referring to Tailored, I remember."

I remembered it as a typical melodrama. Tailored was a servant Duke Spelman used to kill Princess Veronica.

But Tailored fell in love with Veronica and ultimately failed his mission. He met his death as a result.

Everyone knew about Veronica losing her mind and going crazy for a while.

They were just keeping it quiet.

"......I have evidence from when Tailored died."

Veronica said solemnly.

"That Duke Spelman hired Tailored to assassinate me, and he died in my place."

Mortega gripped the desk and stood up. He hadn't expected to hear this kind of story at all.

Of course.

Veronica hadn't even thought about bringing this up until she talked to Cerden.

"......Tailored was a very cautious man. He thought he could be abandoned by Duke Spelman at any time."

Veronica took a small brooch out of the envelope. It was cracked and had lost its luster, but it was clearly an expensive men's brooch.

When Veronica manipulated it, a voice began to flow from the brooch.

[Static... If you successfully assassinate Princess Veronica... Static... You'll get what you need... Static. Your brother's medical bills will be taken care of too... Static...]

Although there was noise mixed in, the voice was clearly audible. It was a magical tool that could record human voices.

Mortega's eyes widened.

The conversation continued.

Tailored and Duke Spelman didn't refer to each other by name, but they didn't hide their target, Princess Veronica.

The content was that he should gain Princess Veronica's trust, take her out to the suburbs, and then kill her.

"This is..."

Veronica said with a sorrowful face.

"Of course, it's not enough evidence to point to a specific person. But if I stand as a witness, the story changes."

"Your Highness, Lady..."

"I will name Duke Spelman as the culprit and go to trial to testify myself."

"It could be dangerous."

"Your Highness said so. He asked if I was safe just by doing nothing."

"......Ah."

"And this is proof that Tailored was killed by Duke Spelman."

It was a contract with an unknown signature. It was about hiring assassins, but those who came to kill Veronica that day had no choice but to return with only Tailored's life.

Tailored bought enough time to save Veronica. At the cost of his own life.

"......This seems to require investigation."

"I'll leave it to you. Of course, I don't think we can overthrow Duke Spelman with these crude things. But I think it will be enough to hold him back."

Mortega nodded eagerly. He had only two months to prove himself.

Mortega was going to work on it enthusiastically. His heart had been pounding ever since he heard that he was needed.

Pretending to argue with Duke Roger in front of others was also part of that passion.

Spelman's eyes and ears would all talk about the discord between Mortega and Duke Roger.

Duke Roger would successfully infiltrate Spelman.

But even Veronica is helping like this. He would be able to hold Duke Spelman back from doing anything unnecessary for two months.

Mortega and Veronica's faces brightened at the same time.

"Then I will proceed with this matter."

"I don't want to just leave it to you and do nothing. Let me help you."

"......Then."

"I'll come here every morning. I want to do anything. I don't want to live uselessly anymore."

"Yes, Your Highness, Lady. I will arrange a seat."

Veronica and Mortega shook hands. It was a week after Cerden had left.

* * *

The cruise ship was splendid. It was a ship prepared not only for me and Cerden but also for my great-aunt. Since it was prepared directly by the Courtes Trading Company, its luxury was beyond words.

I really don't know where to put my eyes.

To think that the day would come when I would ride such a cruise ship in my life. It was a schedule that took 2 weeks on this ship, 10 days after arrival, and 2 weeks to return.

Count Chences wanted to spend 3 days in Laros, looking around the city.

I thought I could get Count Chences's cooperation in that time.

Cerden insisted that even those 3 days were a waste. He said that a guy like Count Chences could change his mind at any time anyway.

Of course, I agreed to some extent, but I thought it was necessary to look at the people of the Count Chences family.

Laros takes Spelman's side in the original story. There was mention that Duke Spelman expanded his defense business by gaining the power of a huge port city.

Then we can do that too.

We can get Laros, right? After all, Julia and I were aiming for the industry that Spelman had taken over.

Of course, I don't know anything about maintaining and operating the industry, but that's something I can learn and solve when the time comes.

I wanted to solve the immediate task at hand right now.

"It is an honor to be able to serve you like this, Your Highness, the Crown Prince. And Your Highness, the Crown Princess."

"Thank you for the welcome."

"Nice to meet you! Hello, hello!"

Ha, I'm getting a reality check.

My face seems to be turning red because I'm acting like this in front of people who know my identity.

I could have been more brazen when no one knew.

"Hahaha. Thank you, Your Highness."

Count Chences took my hand and shook it lightly.

"I heard that the Courtes Trading Company has brought out the best cruise ship they have. I never thought the day would come when I would ride this cruise ship! It's all thanks to you two, Your Highnesses."

Count Chences was very excited. His face was glowing as he introduced his people.

A successful port city and a wealthy economic situation. He deserves to be happy.

How on earth did Duke Spelman get his hands on Laros?

"I am so happy to be able to introduce you to the beauty of Laros for 3 days!"

Cerden responded appropriately.

"Thank you. But I heard that you have grown children. I don't see anyone. Didn't they attend the banquet?"

"That's..."

Count Chences's expression clouded over in an instant.

"Not attend? How could they not at a place to welcome you two, Your Highnesses..."

"Isn't it because my father doesn't introduce me that you have such misunderstandings!"

A man appeared, laughing heartily. He was clearly dressed up and smiling, but it felt like I was facing a street thug.

He was different from Count Chences, who seemed like a really nice person.

"Thank you for visiting Laros with such a beautiful person and Your Highness, the Crown Prince! My name is Vector."

As the man smiled slyly, Cerden blocked his path.

He was a man who looked sinister at a glance. The way he looked at me was really unpleasant.

I felt chills down my spine.

"......Nice to meet you."

"I will be responsible for Your Highness's safety for 3 days."

The more Vector laughed, the more Count Chences's face hardened.

Found it, the weakness.

The weakness of Laros and Chences.

That man was definitely the key man that Duke Spelman would grab. I was wondering how he did it, but he showed up just in time.

It was such a perfect timing that it felt like the sky was helping me and Cerden.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!