
Evelyn, leaning against the railing of the cruise ship, looked somehow precarious.
Cerden narrowed his eyes.
"Lady Innis is currently staying in a second-class cabin on the cruise ship. She seems uncomfortable not being able to bring her maids, but she's not showing it."
"Of course."
Evelyn had only brought three maids with her. Thanks to that, Innis had to handle many things on her own, unlike how she had lived until now.
"Anything else?"
"Fortunately, Lady Innis has agreed to lessons, so we should be able to finish some proper etiquette lessons during the trip."
Even though she was only 20 years old, she seemed quite quick-witted. She seemed to understand that Cenches' fate rested on her shoulders.
So Cerden's aide was planning to teach her history, economics, and politics at a moderate level as part of her education. It would be a bit busy, as the schedule was for two weeks.
Princess Elizabeth didn't like stupid people.
"She'll have to learn quickly."
"She's quite motivated."
Count Chences seemed to have taught her well.
"It won't be easy to meet my great-aunt's standards."
"Yes, Your Highness. I will do my best."
Countess Cenches lost all her positions and status and was taken to the north. The knights had quite a hard time dragging her away as she kept shouting about how great she was until the very end.
"And this is the schedule for Yures Kingdom, Your Highness. The King wishes to meet you. It seems he's concerned since it's been a long time since a member of the imperial family has visited Lakecia."
"I see."
"A welcome banquet has been prepared. There has also been a request for a meeting from the Crown Prince of Yures and his wife."
Cerden nodded.
But his gaze remained fixed on Evelyn the whole time. Evelyn's rose-colored hair fluttered in the sky.
She stood out alone with her distinct colors. The bright blue sky, the sapphire-like sea, the white cruise ship.
Evelyn was like a rose blooming alone on the sea.
It wouldn't be strange if she were to fall and be swallowed by the sea...
"Your Highness? Is something wrong?"
"No. Let's stop here for today."
Cerden cut off his aide.
"I'll leave the inspection of the cruise ship to you. It should meet the standards to some extent in Kurtes."
Cerden dismissed his aides. Then he frowned slightly.
He completely turned his attention to Evelyn, who had been nagging at his mind since earlier.
He couldn't leave her alone.
Cerden strode towards Evelyn.
If he couldn't leave her alone, he would just keep her by his side.
* * *
The schedule in Laros was over. Except for the fact that one more person boarded the cruise ship than planned, the journey began as if nothing had happened.
The knights who had briefly left to meet Augustine had also returned.
Now all we had to do was watch how the embers we had scattered would ignite into flames. Many things were scheduled to happen while we stayed on the sea and in Yures Kingdom.
I could only hope that we would be able to raise a toast when we returned. I watched Laros recede into the distance, resting my chin on my arm on the railing.
"Evelyn?"
"Ah."
I looked around and just smiled brightly. Cerden stood behind me. He was such a large man that I was completely hidden.
He completely shielded me from the gazes of the people. Cerden was behind me, and the vast ocean stretched out in front of me.
Cerden's body heat clung to my back. It felt like my body temperature was boiling hotly. Fingers intertwined with fingers.
Cerden lightly rested his chin on my head.
"What are you thinking about?"
"...I wasn't thinking about anything. I'm looking at Laros."
"Why Laros?"
"I can't believe I was in Laros until just a little while ago. Actually, it's my first time on a ship."
I whispered in a small voice so that only Cerden could hear. Cerden gripped the back of my hand tightly.
I glanced at it and inhaled.
Looking at Lakecia receding into the distance, I was thinking about me, Duke Spelman. What if I just left like this?
Going to Yures and running away to a place where no one knew me. Never setting foot in Lakecia again and living in hiding.
It was quite a sweet temptation.
This could be an opportunity for me right now. I wouldn't have been able to leave Lakecia alone, but now I was leaving legally.
If I succeeded, I wouldn't have to disguise myself anymore, and I wouldn't be insulted because of the mask I was wearing.
I could be freed from the sharp gazes that looked at me.
If I left like that, what could I do for a living? I could do anything. Didn't I have the soul of a Korean inside me, who would find a home and find food anywhere?
If there was no path, I could find one, and happy things would happen as I lived.
I was unknowingly thinking about that... but I was caught.
I felt like I was startled awake by the hot hand that was tightly holding my hand. Cerden was holding me back.
"You'll be able to ride as much as you want for two months. The ship will be a bit more crowded on the way back."
"I know."
"I'm thinking of being honest with my great-aunt about you."
"...Would that be okay?"
"She's as vast as the sea. She's traveled every corner of this world. She's faced countless strange things in the world."
Cerden told me about Princess Elizabeth in a low voice. About how she discovered the abandoned Dragon Lair, or how she encountered amazing beings that seemed to come from legends.
Or things that might happen in a fairy tale.
I don't know if it's true, but I know that Princess Elizabeth is a good person to Cerden.
Cerden's voice sounded more cheerful than ever.
"So she will accept you too. I hope the journey back together will be enjoyable. You'll be able to be more free in Yures than in Lakecia. It would be nice to look around the market."
Cerden very naturally included himself in my time.
Coming back again, together.
Somehow, I felt like Cerden was holding me back. Well, where would I go? Leaving you behind.
I didn't know before, but now I knew too well. No one knew Cerden as well as I did.
His despair, loneliness, and terrible sadness that were described in the original work.
Cerden's smile, joy, and his affection that I had come to know directly.
I didn't want to let Cerden be ruined. I didn't want to leave this person who resembled me alone.
Just like I had been standing alone, Cerden would be left alone again after I disappeared.
He might become a villain again as in the original story.
"Okay, Cerden. I'll plan a great date course. Of course, it'll just be the two of us, right?"
"I promise. I'll get rid of all the annoying people and go."
"Then it might be worth looking forward to. Julia said that the apple wine imported from Yures is so exquisite. The apple wine she gave me as a gift also came from Yures. There's even an apple wine museum in the capital of Yures. You can even try it out."
"Do you want to go?"
"If possible, I want to give Julia apple wine that I made myself as a gift."
She would like it very much.
"It would also be nice to buy gifts for Rodrick and Ria. Ria especially likes dolls, right? She went to such lengths for the dollhouse."
The spoils of war that had been put aside came to mind.
"It might be nice to give her that dollhouse as a gift later."
"Anything you want."
"Rodrick likes swords, so... should I give him a shield? A swordsmanship book would also be good."
"That too, if you wish."
Cerden kissed my forehead. Being in his arms now made me feel much better. I would go back again.
Without running away, without avoiding, in order to win my happiness.
.jpg)