MHM 135

Happy
0
The Day My Husband’s Mistress Became Empress
I'm Pregnant

At that moment, Lady Riel was in the detached residence, talking with a healer.

She had planned to meet Duke Havel at the monastery while His Majesty the Emperor was away hunting.

However, the healer strongly opposed it.

"The Duke said that there are many eyes watching now, so you must be especially careful with your movements. And..."

When the healer hesitated, Lady Riel urged her on.

"Speak."

The healer approached Lady Riel, who was sitting on the sofa, and whispered, covering her mouth.

"The Duke said Reparto is out of the question."

"Why?"

"That poison reminds people of the Estina family, which could reflect poorly on His Majesty, who has just begun to favor the Empress."

A chilling smile spread across Lady Riel's lips.

"That's the point. That poison reminds people of me, or rather, the Estina family."

"Pardon?"

The healer tilted her head, not understanding.

"Rather, if the Empress dies from Reparto, people won't suspect me."

As Lady Riel explained calmly, the healer seemed to understand and asked.

"The poison is too easily traced back to the Empress, isn't it?"

"Exactly. It's about making it look like someone killed the Empress and framed me. That's why I need that poison."

"I understand what you mean. I will relay that to the Duke."

Lady Riel spoke in a slow voice.

"There's one more thing I need the healer to do."

"Just say the word."

The healer bowed her head briefly and said.

Lady Riel leaned towards the vase on the table.

The vase was filled with flowers that His Majesty the Emperor had grown in the greenhouse.

With a slow hand, she caressed the delicately blooming yellow petals.

"Right before the deed, tell His Majesty the Emperor..."

"......?"

"That I'm pregnant."

"P-Pregnant?"

The healer was very flustered.

She seemed afraid of having to lie directly to the Emperor.

Snap.

Lady Riel broke off a bud that had not yet bloomed and smelled its fragrance.

"People make a mistake. They think a woman carrying a child in her womb cannot commit cruel acts."

Lady Riel knew very well.

Becoming the Empress required more than just risking one's life.

It required mobilizing all means and methods and perfectly controlling even the smallest variables to create even the slightest chance.

Just then, a sound was heard outside the door.

Lady Riel and the healer's eyes turned to the door at the same time.

The two exchanged glances.

Knock knock.

A moment later, a knock on the door was followed by the secretary's voice.

"Lady Riel, are you there?"

The healer approached and opened the door.

Standing before her was the secretary, who disliked Lady Riel.

The secretary stared at the healer for a moment, then asked with a questioning voice.

"Madam, are you not feeling well?"

"I've been feeling unwell lately, so I had the healer check my condition. But what brings you here?"

Lady Riel brushed it off as if it were nothing.

At the same time, she subtly implied that she had pregnancy symptoms.

"His Majesty the Emperor has asked you to join him on the hunt. If you're not feeling well, should I tell him?"

"No. If His Majesty the Emperor is looking for me, I must go. But why is he taking me hunting?"

"That's..."

The secretary hesitated for a moment.

"Speak."

"Iana Archmage and Count Dietrian are also accompanying him, and His Majesty thought it would be nice for you to join since you know them."

Lady Riel noticed the situation and said with a meaningful smile.

"How interesting."

"..."

"It's been a while since I've seen the people from the Count's estate all together."

✦ ✦ ✦

The Emperor's party headed to the mountains behind the Imperial Palace.

Iana and Charles rode at the front, while Lady Riel, the Emperor, and Carrion traveled together in the Imperial carriage.

Iana looked back and checked the long line of people following behind.

"Haa..."

She let out a deep sigh.

It was a pathetic sight.

Wasn't the northern region currently engaged in a fierce war against monsters?

Yet the Emperor was leisurely enjoying a hunt with his mistress, which was lamentable.

Iana turned her gaze and met Charles's eyes as he rode beside her.

Unlike usual, when he would smile or wink, Charles turned his head away.

As if he was deliberately avoiding her gaze.

'Is he angry? Because I was standing close to Carrion?'

She worried as she looked at Charles, but he only looked ahead and rode on.

After that, their eyes met several more times, but Charles only avoided her gaze.

About an hour passed. Before long, the procession arrived at the entrance of the mountain.

It was a low mountain, but the forest was quite lush and dense.

This place had been designated as the Imperial Palace's hunting ground by the Emperor, and no one could enter without permission.

Iana and Charles dismounted and walked towards the carriage carrying the Emperor.

She spoke to Charles slyly.

"Your Highness."

"Speak."

Charles said, but he only looked ahead.

"Are you perhaps angry because of me?"

Iana asked cautiously, and Charles answered firmly.

"I'm not angry."

"But why are you speaking without even looking at me, like someone who's angry?"

He stopped walking and looked at her for a moment. Then, he leaned in and said something unexpected in her ear.

"I'm ashamed in your eyes."

"Ashamed? Of what?"

Iana looked up at him, not understanding.

Humiliation was evident in his sharp eyes.

Only then could Iana understand his feelings.

"Is there anything that can't be done? For what His Majesty the Emperor wants."

He seemed ashamed of showing her, even if it was a pretense, that he was yielding to the Emperor.

"I'm the one who's ashamed! I was worried that Your Highness was jealous, but I was also happy about it."

Iana changed the subject as if joking, for his sake.

"I was a little jealous."

"Really?"

Iana was playfully delighted when the door of the carriage carrying the Emperor opened.

Carrion got out of the carriage first.

His face was stiff, as if he had been through a lot.

Behind him, Lady Riel, wearing a simple dress, followed, holding the Emperor's hand.

Iana muttered as if speaking from her stomach.

"Your Highness, I think there are others who should be ashamed."

"Is that so?"

Charles chuckled at her words.

Iana and Charles approached the carriage.

As the five people with complicated relationships gathered in one place, the servants and guards glanced at them.

In the meantime, a guard brought the Emperor's white horse.

"Well, shall we start hunting now?"

At the Emperor's words, Charles spoke.

"Please, Your Majesty, mount your horse first."

The Emperor was about to mount his horse when he turned around and said.

"Riel, you wait here."

"..."

Lady Riel did not answer.

"I would like to let you chat with Iana Archmage, but I can't because I have to protect those who are going hunting."

Then Lady Riel asked lightly, as if throwing a stone.

"Your Majesty, can't you take me with you?"

"You? With those clothes, and do you even know how to ride a horse?"

The Emperor looked down at Lady Riel's clothes and said.

"I don't know how to ride a horse. But can't Your Majesty give me a ride?"

"Me?"

The Emperor chuckled as if he was dumbfounded.

"I want to see Your Majesty hunting."

Lady Riel glanced at Iana for a moment. As if trying to show off her relationship with the Emperor.

"I'm holding a bow, so you might get hurt. Are you sure you're okay with that?"

At that moment, Iana stepped forward and said.

"How about Lady Riel rides my horse?"

"Your horse?"

The Emperor finally burst out laughing.

"As Your Majesty said, you might get hurt, and you can see His Majesty hunting better from behind."

Iana and Lady Riel's eyes met fiercely.

"Riel, Iana Archmage says she'll let you ride her horse. What do you say?"

At the Emperor's words, Lady Riel also smiled and answered.

"That sounds fun too. Your Majesty."

"Haa..."

Carrion let out a hollow laugh at the war of nerves between the former wife and the former mistress.

Iana pointed towards Andre and said.

"Well, shall we go then?"

"Let's do that."

Iana and Lady Riel walked side by side towards the horses.

Lady Riel asked with a twisted smile.

"Iana, what are you thinking, interfering like this?"

"What do you think I'm thinking?"

Iana asked back with a meaningful voice.

Lady Riel stopped walking and looked at her coldly.

Iana also stopped in her place and said, lowering her voice.

"I'm going to knock you off the horse."

"......!"

"So you can't do anything foolish in the future."

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!