THR 40

Happy
0
The Tragic Heroine Who Isn't Sad at All!
'Since Ayla once liked Kadin, she probably wants to end things on good terms.'

I couldn't say I didn't understand Ayla's feelings.

'But I really don't like that guy.'

Kadin Rate was famous in the academy for his slick and shameless personality.

Many noble ladies considered Kadin a decent husband, but Peony's thoughts were completely different.

He was the type of person who lacked fidelity, going around meeting other women even while engaged.

Besides, he was the kind of guy who stood aloof at charity events, looking at his face reflected in the window, so his character was pretty obvious.

'He pretends to be a gentleman on the outside, but inside he's just a vain person full of self-love.'

The thought that he had not only hurt Ayla in the past with that face, but was now trying to create another scandal, made me very unpleasant.

'He doesn't have even a speck of intention to formally accept Ayla...'

Suddenly, something in Kadin's hand, moving away, caught Peony's eye.

The logo on the luxurious wrapping paper looked like it was from a famous boutique at a glance.

'Is he trying to shake Ayla with a gift offensive?'

At that moment, an ominous premonition flashed through my mind.

If it was Ayla that I knew, she would definitely refuse the gift.

The problem was what came next.

I couldn't guess how a noble like Kadin, with his strong pride, would react when rejected by a commoner he looked down on.

'In the worst case, Ayla might get into big trouble. Should I not have let them go out alone?'

Peony looked anxiously out the library window.

The thought of secretly following Ayla, even now, wouldn't leave my head.

It was then.

A boy with silver hair suddenly came into Peony's sight.

He was walking around the campus, looking around as if he was looking for someone.

There was a strange anxiety in his movements.

Peony's face brightened instantly.

'He came to find Ayla.'

These days, Ayla spends almost all her time in the library outside of class, so he must have come straight here.

It was a good thing.

I was just wondering if I should send someone to call Felix.

'Ayla said she was okay, but I can't trust that guy.'

Kadin from the Marquis Reit family was rumored to be quite gentlemanly, but I didn't know how he would act if his emotions got heated.

If that happened, it might not be enough for me, a princess, to give him a warning.

The only person who could prevent such an unfortunate situation was Felix.

'Felix has beaten Kadin in sparring before, so he can handle any problems that arise.'

Thinking so, Peony quickly went to the window and waved at Felix.

"Hello?"

"Peony-senpai."

"You came to find Ayla, right?"

"Yes."

Felix nodded briefly in response.

"I was just about to call you, so it's a relief."

"You were going to call me?"

"Yeah, Kadin took Ayla away a little while ago."

As soon as he heard those words, the smile on Felix's face disappeared completely.

At the same time, the air around him became sharply cold.

Seeing that, Peony was convinced.

Felix definitely had feelings for Ayla.

If that wasn't the case, he wouldn't have reacted so strongly to the news that Kadin had taken Ayla.

"That guy again..."

Undeniable anger was revealed in Felix's voice.

Peony smiled contentedly at the sight.

In fact, if Ayla had to end up with someone, she wanted her to be with Felix rather than a scoundrel like Kadin.

Of course, Felix didn't have the sophisticated eloquence and etiquette of noble children.

He was a bit rough around the edges because he was so straightforward, but at least he wasn't arrogant and self-centered like Kadin.

Besides, he had recently become a disciple of Duke Argenta and was being recognized for his skills, so he would have plenty of opportunities for social advancement in the future.

'More than anything, you can tell how much he likes her just by looking at the way he looks at Ayla.'

Felix could never take his eyes off Ayla.

He was always watching Ayla with anxious eyes, worrying about whether she might fall or whether someone might look down on her because she was a commoner.

That was something you could never do if you weren't interested.

Peony decided to add fuel to the fire to further stimulate Felix's feelings.

"He even brought an expensive gift in his hand. I guess he's planning to win Ayla's heart with it."

As soon as those words were finished, Felix busily looked around.

But when he failed to find the two of them, he looked up at the window where Peony was again.

"Do you happen to know where they went?"

His voice sounded calm at first glance, but there was an undeniable anxiety in it.

His face, looking up with desperate eyes, looked like a puppy whimpering for its owner.

Peony barely suppressed a laugh and raised her hand to point in the direction they had disappeared.

"Go that way. Ayla said they would talk in the library's backyard."

Felix bowed deeply and ran off in that direction without looking back.

His steps were full of urgency.

Peony watched Felix's retreating figure with a satisfied expression.

'Yeah, you need that much courage to deal with a slick guy like Kadin.'

It was a warm and reliable look, completely different from when she saw Kadin earlier.

The library's backyard was a moderately quiet place where people occasionally strolled.

'If there are people watching, Kadin won't be able to act recklessly like last time.'

Ayla thought so and calmly opened her mouth.

"So, what did you come here for?"

Even with her cold attitude, Kadin only raised his eyebrows slightly without any reaction.

He hesitated for a moment before handing Ayla the paper bag he was holding.

"I wanted to give this to you."

Ayla's gaze naturally went to the bag.

I couldn't tell what was inside, but it must have been quite expensive, judging by the careful packaging.

'Don't tell me he's trying to win me over with gifts now?'

When Ayla didn't reach out, Kadin quietly continued.

"You returned the necklace I gave you last time. I thought you didn't like the design, so I prepared a new one."

"......"

"And since the exam is coming up soon, I wanted to cheer you on."

As expected, Kadin didn't deviate from her expectations at all.

Ayla sighed deeply inside and forced a smile to hide her almost crumpled expression.

In the meantime, their conversation had attracted the attention of students passing by, and one or two stopped and began to watch with interest.

There was no point in revealing my emotions in this situation.

I wondered why he was still acting this way, but I decided to calm down for now.

'This time, let's just refuse gently and without being rude.'

Ayla, having composed herself, lowered her head as if she was sorry and opened her mouth.

"Kadin, I told you last time. The reason I rejected you is..."

"Because Rosia would be upset about the gift I gave you?"

Kadin interrupted her and smoothly took over the conversation as if he had prepared for it.

Ayla raised her head at the unexpected reaction.

A sense of frustration was cast over the other person's face.

"Don't worry. I'm not engaged to Rosia yet."

"......What?"

At that moment, Ayla stared at Kadin, momentarily at a loss for words.

That's how shocking Kadin's statement was, so shocking that anyone would doubt their ears.

Soon, she regained her senses and glanced around.

Sure enough, there were far more people surrounding them than before.

Everyone was watching them with great interest, as if they had heard what Kadin had said.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!