LOZ 62

Happy
0
Love:Zero
Sienna, clinging to Hunter like a leech, wrapped her arms around his neck and rubbed her body against him under the pretext of dancing. Since her back was turned, Jiyu couldn't see what expression he was wearing.

Was Hunter enjoying it too?

Recently, in an effort to be more inclusive of everyone, the tradition of crowning a Prom King and Queen had been fading. The same was true for Aster School and Alton School.

However, the unofficial Prom King and Queen were undoubtedly Hunter and Sienna.

In a land of pioneers where achieving success through effort was considered a virtue, Sienna's triumph of human will deserved celebration. Moreover, when the two were together, they were exceptionally striking.

Jiyu gave a bitter smile.

What man could possibly dislike it when such a beautiful and voluptuous woman expressed her favor with her entire body?

Just then, Jiyu saw Hunter's hands, which had been resting idly at his sides, grip Sienna's waist.

Unable to bear the sight any longer, Jiyu looked away.

'Sigh. I hate being here. I'm sick of Aster School and this prom.'

Joshua, who had been watching her closely, leaned his head toward her ear and lowered his voice as if plotting a conspiracy.

[Want to get out of here?]

Startled, Jiyu blinked at him.

[Did I say that out loud?]

At Jiyu's question, he tilted his head back and laughed loudly. Then, he grabbed her elbow and led her toward the window.

[Do I really have to say it for you to know? You and I are in the same boat. Let's just go get some fresh air. It's suffocating in here. This stupid bowtie is annoying me, too.]

He untied his tie, stuffed it into his pocket, and led her to the window. Opening the lattice-patterned French doors led to a small balcony where three or four people could stand and talk.

It was the kind of space that would serve as a secret rendezvous spot for nobles in a novel. Because of the curtains hanging over the glass doors, their upper bodies were half-hidden from the inside, making it feel even more like that.

Inhaling the cool outdoor air made her feel like she could finally breathe. She was also grateful for the curtains that blocked the sight she didn't want to see.

Jiyu gazed blankly at the glamorous skyline of the Upper East Side, which contrasted with the pitch-black Central Park at night.

[Ollie, can I ask you something?]

[Yeah, what is it?]

[What exactly is your relationship with Hunter Hamilton?]

[…….]

At a loss for words, Jiyu lowered her head and looked down at her hand gripping the balcony railing. She struggled with how much she could reveal.

Chloe and Josh knew that she lived at Hunter's house and worked as Daisy's babysitter. However, she had never told anyone about the Jinx.

[It's a bit late to say this, but... if I had known you two liked each other, I would have canceled my proposal for the prom date. I'm sorry for intruding. I'm a bit clueless.]

Surprised, Jiyu waved her hands.

[It's a misunderstanding, Josh. I don't like Hunter. Really! It would be a disaster if I did. I'll be leaving that house soon, and then I'll never have to deal with him again.]

It was something she already knew, but saying it out loud felt strangely heartbreaking. Her nose began to sting, and her face contorted involuntarily.

[Ollie, don't cry.]

Biting her trembling lips, she lowered her head. She wanted to tell him she wasn't crying, but she felt that if she made a sound, she really would start sobbing.

Joshua took a step closer and awkwardly opened his arms to wrap them around her shoulders. He patted her back with a clumsy touch. At this uncharacteristic gesture of comfort, Jiyu rested her forehead against his shoulder and sniffled.

Just then, the door swung open.

Startled, both of them turned their heads simultaneously. In the blink of an eye, Joshua was yanked backward. Having torn him away from Jiyu, Hunter finally threw a punch.

With a thud, the sound of knuckles hitting a jaw echoed, and Joshua's face snapped to the side. Staggering backward, he crashed into the balcony railing and fell.

Shocked, Jiyu screamed. Whether it was his lip or the inside of his mouth that had burst, bright red blood pooled between his lips.

[Josh! Are you okay?]

She supported Joshua as he lay half-collapsed on the floor. Closing his eyes tightly and shaking his head once, he staggered to his feet. He then spat out the blood that had collected in his mouth.

Jiyu whipped around. Hunter, breathing heavily, was still glaring at Joshua as if he wanted to kill him.

[What are you doing, Hunter!]

She shouted, condemning him.

[What the hell are you doing hiding out here with this rat?]

He shot back, his eyes burning with a cold fire.

Having regained his composure, Joshua wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth with his tuxedo sleeve and sneered.

[Whatever Olivia and I are doing hiding out here, what does it matter to you? Why are you harassing my partner when you have your own?]

[Josh, why are you acting like this too!]

Jiyu pulled on his arm. Hunter's gaze dropped to her hand. Flinching, she slowly let go of his arm.

As Hunter looked back up, his eyes seemed to glint with malice and rage, and he suddenly lunged forward. With the grip of a tennis player, he grabbed Joshua by the collar, and the sound of seams ripping echoed.

[Say that again.]

His voice, cold and sunken, was more threatening than if he had been screaming in a rage. Curious onlookers began to gather.

[Ugh….]

Joshua made a choking sound. Unable to watch any longer, Jiyu stepped between the two. Positioning herself in front of Joshua to protect him, she grabbed Hunter's fist—which was still clutching the collar—with both hands and pried it off.

[Stop it! Hunter, please….]

[Jiyu Parker. Did you just kiss this bastard here? Are you two dating behind my back?]

[What nonsense! You were the one hugging and dancing with Sienna. Stop taking your anger out on Josh and go back to Sienna. I'm sick of you acting like this. No, more than that, I hate that I'm acting like this.]

The hand that had been gripping Joshua's collar dropped.

[I... I want to stop now….]

Finally, the tears she had been holding back burst forth. She had never cried in front of other people before.

Hunter's face, illuminated by the light flowing from the ballroom, turned pale. He looked shocked.

[…What?]

His eyes, always so confident, shook violently.

Standing beside them, Joshua sighed deeply as he straightened his disheveled tuxedo and rubbed his aching jaw.

[I think you two have things to discuss. Ollie, I'll wait outside the door, so come out when you're finished. I'll take you home.]

Jiyu merely nodded, continuously wiping away the silent tears. Just before leaving, he glared at Hunter one last time and added to her:

[Scream if you need help.]

[Ha.]

Without taking his eyes off Jiyu, Hunter pointed toward the door as if telling him to get lost.

Joshua closed the balcony door and stood leaning against it with his arms crossed. He then waved his hands like he was shooing away birds. The onlookers, who had been craning their necks to peer through the glass door, reluctantly dispersed.

Hunter frowned, looking confused.

[What does that mean? What do you want to stop?]

[…….]

Jiyu struggled desperately to stop crying.

[Please stop crying. It's driving me crazy.]

With a sigh, Hunter cupped her face in his hand and brushed her wet cheek with his thumb. Jiyu turned her head away and pushed his hand off.

[Hunter, let's stop this now.]

[Stop what!]

He shouted sharply, his eyes bloodshot.

[Let's break up. You only dated me because of the Jinx anyway…. It's not like you actually like me.]

Jiyu looked up and stared steadily at Hunter. For a split second, he avoided her gaze. That alone was answer enough.

Jiyu murmured, her shoulders sagging with exhaustion.

[I'm not blaming you for that. I used you just so I could leech off your house.]

[…What?]

[You said it was uncomfortable living with me, and that you hated me working as Daisy's babysitter. On my first day at your house, I heard the conversation you had with Mrs. Hamilton. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but it happened. I understand. If I were in your position, I would have felt uncomfortable too.]

Hunter frowned as if hearing this for the first time in his life.

[What on earth are you talking about! When did I—]

[Hunter.]

Jiyu cut him off, calling his name in a choked voice.

[We'll have to break up once we go to college anyway. Just think of this as moving that date up a bit. We're adults now, so it's time to stop this childish game of a relationship. I'm sincerely grateful to you and your family for letting me stay at your house for the past two years. I can't keep relying on you shamelessly forever. I need to be independent and go my own way now. That's all.]

Staring at her without even blinking, his face filled with disbelief, Hunter opened his mouth as if to say something, then closed it again.

Rubbing his face with his hand, he looked down at her and let out a long sigh.

[Are you serious?]

Tags:

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!