EMW 34

Happy
0
I Become The Evil Mastermind Idiot Wife
"You're going to see Lady?"

Cherryna's reaction, which would normally be to push me on, was lukewarm. I could once again confirm that Duke Spelman's mind had changed.

"Yup! I'm going to see a friend."

"You met yesterday, and you're going again?"

"Yeah."

She made a pouty face. Rozalina was doing her nails, not even looking at me.

"Can't I? Why? Then, shall we go outside and play hide-and-seek or treasure hunt?"

"No!"

Rozalina's answer was faster than anyone else's. Rozalina shook her head, her face pale.

I knew she'd be like that, seeing how diligently she was doing her nails. I don't care much about her, but I knew what she was thinking.

She'd dress up fancy and pretty on Veronica's birthday and hang around Cerden.

The sun was getting hotter, so I figured she wouldn't want to do outdoor activities.

"Cherryna, Rosie. Can't you fulfill your duties? Even if Crown Princess is generous to you, she is your master!"

Rozalina scolded the maids in a sweet voice.

She's pretending to be so nice.

Anyway, thanks to Rozalina's support, I was able to meet Veronica smoothly.

Veronica greeted me, who had come without any notice, familiarly.

"I was bored, so it's good you came, Evelyn."

How could siblings be so different?

"Veronica's birthday is coming up soon!"

"That's right, Evelyn. That's why Evelyn gave me a gift. This is that tea. I've been drinking it every day lately. I'm going to get more to drink when I run out. Drinking the tea seems to make my stomach feel better."

It was a tea with detoxifying properties, so that made sense. Veronica's eyes, looking at me hugging the cookie jar, were nothing but kind.

"I came because I wanted to do something today!"

"What do you want to do, Evelyn?"

"Uung. Well, Rosie said that friends wear the same clothes. That's why Rosie and Cherryna always wear the same clothes."

That was natural since they were maids. They wore the clothes provided by the Imperial Palace. But I needed a plausible excuse.

"So, I asked Rozalina to wear the same clothes, but she said no."

"Ah."

Veronica smiled ambiguously.

"So, I came because I wanted to do it with Ver! Let's wear the same clothes on Ver's birthday! I want to show off to people that you're my friend!"

I said, smiling brightly. As if I had no ulterior motives.

I knew how absurd this was in this world. People who hate even overlapping accessories and have everything custom-made.

If things went the way I wanted, I would become the laughingstock of the people.

Of course, most of the ridicule would be directed at me, but I didn't care.

Please accept it. Of course, even if she refused, I was going to insist somehow.

Veronica poured me some more tea. I was so nervous that I was drinking tea like water because I was thirsty.

"Shall we?"

"Really?"

Easier than I thought?

Veronica nodded.

"Of course. It's not a difficult thing. It'll be a rush to get a dress made in a week, though."

"It's going to be so much fun! This is totally, totally a secret."

"A secret?"

Veronica tilted her head.

It was clear that Spelman's people were around Veronica as well. He was a thorough person, so he wouldn't allow even the slightest error.

I had to break through that gap. So, no one should know.

Spelman might have another plan.

"Uung! Cherryna and Rosie are secret friends. Let's be secret friends, me and Ver!"

I wasn't sure if this would work, but I had to take a chance.

Veronica's eyes sparkled. Seeing the playful look in her eyes, she seemed to resemble Cerden in some ways.

What does she find so fun?

"It would be fun to see the nobles' faces when they're flustered."

Veronica smiled softly.

She probably thinks I don't understand what she means?

"I've always resented them for showing off and looking down on me."

Veronica muttered.

I think I knew what she meant. There were forces that followed Cerden, but he spent most of his time on the battlefield. It would have been easier for Spelman to gather forces than Cerden. Unlike Cerden, who had close ties with the nobles who held military power in the frontier, Spelman cultivated friendships with the central nobles.

Spelman's people must have disregarded Veronica.

Just like Spelman did.

"It would be really fun if they confused me with Evelyn. Right?"

"Uung? Uung!"

I nodded as if I didn't know.

That was my purpose, too. The goal was different, but the path we were taking was the same, so it didn't matter.

That day, I was going to be the victim in Veronica's place.

* * *

On Veronica's birthday.

There was an unspoken tension in the Imperial Palace. The servants exchanged glances.

And the moment Veronica and Evelyn appeared.

"Cough!"

"T-This... This...?"

The servants' eyes wavered. Cherryna and Rosie also had surprised expressions. Evelyn smiled brightly, touching the dress that sparkled in the sunlight.

"Am I pretty!"

"Yes? Y-Yes, but..."

"How did this happen! You had it made at the atelier! You didn't have it made together..."

Rosie and Cherryna swallowed their breaths.

Evelyn and Veronica were dressed the same, only differing in body type and height. Even the ornaments in their updo were the same. Even the length of the veils they wore!

"Evelyn."

Veronica approached Evelyn gracefully and whispered.

"It's so refreshing to see them making those faces."

It was clear that she wasn't saying it hoping Evelyn would understand. And Evelyn, as Veronica wanted, just blinked her eyes prettily as if she didn't know anything.

'I know, right? It's so refreshing.'

Besides, Rosie and Cherryna also had flustered expressions, and Rozalina was looking at the two of them with a pale face.

Evelyn and Veronica headed to Olive Hall together amicably.

Many people were gathering due to the Imperial banquet, which was being held for the first time in a while. And Evelyn and Veronica stood among those people.

Emperor wasn't even interested in his daughter's birthday, so he didn't even attend, and Empress was looking at them with a surprised face from the head table.

"It seems the children have become very close."

The noble ladies burst into hollow laughter at Empress's weak voice.

"How did they even assist them? This is an act that diminishes the prestige of both palaces! It's a matter of reprimanding the close maids and servants who serve both of your Highnesses!"

"Tsk tsk. They're a disgrace to the Imperial Family."

The noble ladies' voices grew louder.

Evelyn was smiling brightly as if she couldn't hear anything, and so was Veronica.

"They're going to criticize me no matter what I do anyway."

Again, she wasn't saying it for me to understand. It was just close to a vent.

Since a while ago, Veronica had started to comfortably tell Evelyn the stories inside her. As if she was talking to herself.

Evelyn's gaze found Cerden. It was like a magnet.

Like the N pole finding the S pole.

Evelyn blinked.

Today, Cerden was showing off a more sophisticated figure than ever before. His dark gray hair was glossy, and his blue eyes, soaked with leisure and languor, were full of laughter. Cerden raised his lips.

I approached Cerden gracefully.

"Am I pretty?"

I raised the end of my words with the most innocent expression possible. Cerden let out a low laugh.

Cerden gently grabbed both of my wrists.

It felt like all the murmuring around me disappeared. Cerden leaned down to me.

It's Cerden's scent.

This heavy and refreshing scent that spreads through my insides. I took a slow breath. Enough that Cerden wouldn't find it strange.

I had conflicting feelings.

I wanted to push him away. And at the same time, I wanted to hug him.

I wanted him to fall away. And at the same time, I wanted him to hold me.

I could only clasp my hands together and wait for this time to pass quickly.

Cerden whispered.

"Yes, you're pretty."

My breath stopped.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!