
Before, it was always a struggle to hold a sword.
This was because all the advanced Swordsmanship taught at the academy was created under the premise that a swordsman could sense Mana.
And most people could feel Mana, even if there were differences in skill.
But for him, who couldn't feel Mana, each and every Swordsmanship movement he learned was difficult.
He had barely managed to make up for the difference with innate talent and physical training.
But as time went on, he couldn't help but realize his limitations.
'It was definitely like that…'
Whoosh-.
Swoosh-.
Now the sword felt excessively light.
So this is what it feels like to sense Mana. A vivid sensation of vitality surging through his entire body overwhelmed Felix.
Everything he had thought impossible until now seemed within his reach.
The headaches that had been tormenting him had also vanished without a trace.
Felix looked around.
Before he knew it, the Swordsmanship Department students were watching his movements with surprised eyes.
They, too, as fellow swordsmen, seemed to have noticed his changed aura.
'If it's this much now, how strong will I become if I take a proper Cure?'
Felix suddenly imagined how far he could grow.
If he could fully feel Mana…
'I might really be able to reach a higher level than anyone else.'
At that moment, Ayla's figure, confidently proposing a deal, overlapped in his mind.
In fact, he and Ayla had had almost no contact at the academy until recently.
They would occasionally run into each other when she came to the Swordsmanship Department to meet her fiancé, Kadin, but that was it.
Above all, Ayla at the time didn't seem to have any vitality at all.
Her indifferent expression, doll-like atmosphere, and the insurmountable difference in status drew an invisible line between them.
'But why me of all people?'
He remembered the golden eyes that shone so passionately at him.
She was already beautiful, but the way she confidently laid out her proposal was surprisingly beautiful.
He felt a completely different atmosphere from the Ayla he had seen so far.
Despite being in the worst situation, her will to live seemed to have become even stronger, shining dazzlingly.
That contradictory appearance kept catching his eye.
'Besides, Ayla trusts me to an unusual degree.'
Listening to her, he was almost deluded into thinking he was someone special.
"So, from now on, I just have to pretend to be your lover?"
"No. If we start dating as soon as I break up with Kadin, people will gossip, so I'm going to reveal it slowly. First, I'd appreciate it if you could pretend to be a close friend for the time being."
"Still, this seems like too small a price to pay compared to what you've given me."
"You know how much stronger you've become after taking that medicine. I'm investing in your future potential."
"My potential?"
"Yes, because you're going to become an incredibly strong knight soon. You might even reach the realm of Sword Master."
With those words, Ayla smiled softly.
"So now, if anyone picks a fight with you, don't hold back. I mean, don't put up with it."
Is that really possible? Could he become such a strong knight as Ayla said?
'Strange person.'
Ayla believed without a doubt in a potential that Felix himself was not sure of.
That wasn't all.
Ayla was only one year older than him, but she exuded a composure and ease rarely seen in that age group.
"...I'm not confident, but I'll try to live up to your expectations."
"That heart alone is commendable enough. I look forward to working with you."
'...Commendable? Anyone would think she's lived ten years longer than me.'
He was thinking that when he unconsciously chuckled.
Before Felix could think any deeper, a sharp voice cut off his thoughts.
"Why are you smiling?"
Kadin, approaching with a grim aura, was glaring at him.
"Pardon?"
Felix paused and raised his head.
"I asked why you're smiling. Don't tell me you were thinking about Ayla?"
At Kadin's question, Felix covered his mouth.
Was he really smiling?
'I was just reliving the conversation I had with Ayla…'
But he couldn't deny that Kadin's words had hit home.
It was true that he had been thinking about Ayla just now.
Seeing Felix unable to answer immediately, Kadin frowned.
Kadin had also recently heard rumors that Ayla was getting close to him, a commoner, and had become uncomfortable.
He was offended just by the fact that the woman he had been engaged to in the past was associating with a lowly commoner.
Was that why?
Felix's appearance, smiling throughout his sword practice, was unsettling.
It felt as if that smile was mocking him.
"Ha, now that you're hanging out with Ayla, do you think you've become a noble or something?"
"What are you…"
"Shut up and hold your sword properly. I'm going to take care of you while I'm at it."
Felix frowned.
He felt just as bad. He, too, felt unpleasant whenever he saw Kadin.
"I don't know what you're talking about all of a sudden."
At his stiff attitude, the students snickered and burst into laughter.
"Hey, Kadin. Why don't you show him what you've got?"
"Go easy on him, go easy. You'll get disciplined if you go too hard."
"Felix has been too cocky lately."
The students all mocked Felix.
No matter how good his movements had become, someone who couldn't even feel Mana couldn't beat Kadin.
But regardless of the people's mockery, Felix slowly raised his sword.
"Are you suggesting a duel?"
Kadin replied with a sneer.
"Well, I wonder if you can call it a duel. Well, if you insist."
But can you really call it a duel when you and I fight?
Kadin sneered inwardly and glared at Felix.
Felix narrowed his eyes at the arrogance he felt in that gaze.
For some reason, he didn't want to lose to the guy in front of him.
Besides, didn't Ayla say this?
"Now, if anyone picks a fight with you, don't hold back."
The moment he recalled her words, Felix answered without hesitation.
"Alright."
Honestly, it was close to stubbornness.
He wasn't sure yet if he could beat Kadin.
Even if he could feel Mana now, his opponent was Kadin Rate.
He had been training in Swordsmanship since he could walk, and he was a being who had lived in a completely different world from Felix.
Therefore, no one in this place thought that Felix could beat Kadin.
As soon as Felix's answer fell, Kadin couldn't hide his sneer.
To dare accept a duel with him, was he volunteering to be publicly humiliated?
'I won't even need to exchange a few blows.'
He infused Mana into the arm holding the sword.
Unlike other students, Kadin was not only able to feel Mana, but he was also able to control it freely.
It was only natural that Felix, who didn't even know how to handle Mana, would be knocked down by his sword.
He was sure that would happen.
But.
Clang!
After exchanging blows with Felix, Kadin's face hardened.
It was strange.
Felix should have been pushed back by his sword. That was common sense.
But Felix was maintaining his stance firmly and blocking his sword.
Felix, too, looked surprised, but he soon gripped his sword tightly.
In an instant, Felix's sword brushed past Kadin's face.
.jpg)