
She had already given up on expectations from the rest of her family, so she wasn't hurt by every little thing, but her mother was different.
Ayla didn't want her mother to be attacked by her colt-like brothers.
'If that happens, I'll forget my current goal and run wild.'
Just then, Duchess Irene was about to open her mouth to refuse Rosia's words, just like in the original story.
And at that moment.
Ayla spoke first.
"I will leave the Noble house."
Calios frowned and stared at Ayla.
Throughout the meal, the family hadn't given Ayla a single glance.
Ayla chuckled inwardly at the family's attention finally turning to her for the first time.
Calios asked Ayla.
"What are you talking about, Ayla?"
"I said I would leave the Noble house, Duke."
Calios's face hardened at the stiff title Ayla spat out.
To avoid conflict between her mother and family, and to escape the dry, choking sweet potatoes, Ayla had been planning to leave the Noble house early on.
Compared to what was about to happen, having her seat taken at dinner was nothing.
Rosia would attack Ayla in much more diverse ways in the future.
And as long as the Paternity test magic tool said that she wasn't their real daughter, Ayla would be helpless against her attacks.
Calios, who had been silent with a frightening intensity, asked Ayla.
"Why are you suddenly saying you're going to leave the Noble house?"
"From the start, you must have been troubled, Duke. It's not right for me, who isn't even a member of the Blanche Noble house, to be in this position. I don't want to make everyone uncomfortable for no reason."
Ayla lowered her gaze demurely as she finished speaking.
The first rule of a regretful heroine.
The protagonist wants to stay by her family's side and suffer all kinds of humiliation, even though they mistreat her.
Ayla was planning to break that rule first.
'In the first place, all there is to eat here is sweet potato.'
The way for her not to become a tragic heroine was all at the Academy.
"If you could get me a room in the Academy dormitory, I will leave the Noble house and stay there quietly."
At least if she went to the Academy dormitory, she wouldn't have to be constantly aware of others, which would make her life easier.
'Either way, I'm going to be kicked out of the Noble house soon.'
Because of Rosia's alienation and Calios's decision. So she was planning to leave the Noble house before she was kicked out.
"Do you think you can manage well at the Academy?"
Calios scowled.
"The Imperial Academy is the most prestigious of the prestigious. The only reason you've been able to attend there without incident is because you were Blanche Duchess."
The Duke continued, looking like he didn't understand.
"But now that you've become a commoner, you're going to continue your education among the children of prominent families. Even though your magical talent is inferior to that of commoners..."
That was also true.
Ayla was excellent in magical knowledge, but she suffered from Mana insensitivity, so she couldn't feel Mana.
Ayla lowered her eyes and put on a pitiful expression again.
"I am grateful for the grace of raising me until now, so I can't ask for more. I'll take care of that part myself."
Calios frowned as if he had a headache. Her brothers were the same.
"Ayla, Father is right. If a commoner goes to the Academy, you know what kind of treatment you'll receive."
"That's right, haven't you seen how commoners live at the Academy? Even your friends will change their attitude."
When all the family members expressed their concern, Rosia stepped forward, unable to stay still.
"If it's because of me, you don't have to leave the Noble house, Ayla."
Rosia's eyes and cheeks turned red. Soon, tears began to fall from her eyes.
"I was already sorry. I feel like I ruined the harmonious atmosphere. I was really sorry from the moment I sat in this seat..."
As she began to cry, the brothers who had been firmly stopping Ayla just a moment ago all closed their mouths.
Ayla knew why Rosia had stepped forward.
'To keep the brothers' attention, even a little bit.'
The intention was obvious, but Ayla just smiled calmly and shook her head.
"No, Rosia. You don't need to apologize. I wasn't supposed to be in this place from the beginning."
Ayla's voice was calm, but there was a strange loneliness in it.
"Seeing you feel so sorry makes me feel even more sorry. You're the owner of this seat. So you can act more confidently."
Rosia's expression twisted slightly at those words. It was the reaction she had expected.
'It's understandable that she's speechless after hearing me, who has just become a commoner, tell her to be confident.'
But in the current situation, there was nothing else she could say. Rosia eventually chose silence.
Then, a strange atmosphere circulated among the family members.
Cedric, who had been ignoring Ayla until now, just bit his lip, and Gerard held his silverware in silence.
Only Duchess Irene was looking at her with tearful eyes.
Ayla met her gaze and added kindly.
"I'm really okay. I'll be able to manage well at the Academy. So don't worry too much."
As if she had already accepted all reality, Ayla's appearance was calm.
Eventually, Calios opened his mouth as if he had made up his mind.
"Alright, go. It would be better for you to go to the Academy and live separately. It's time for everyone to return to their respective places."
"......"
"Rosia, you should start learning how to take care of the Noble house, too."
Well done, Rosia.
Ayla smiled inwardly.
If Rosia hadn't stepped forward, she might not have been allowed to leave the Noble house by Calios.
'I was still a useful daughter, after all.'
Rosia, who didn't know the situation, was probably happy now, thinking that she had easily kicked her out of the Noble house.
But that was Rosia's miscalculation.
Because of her actions now, the family would feel guilt and sorry towards Ayla.
'And that will be an obstacle for Rosia in taking over the Noble house in the future.'
In any case, she had to leave the Noble house before Calios changed his mind, so Ayla quickly opened her mouth.
"Thank you, then I'll prepare to go to the Academy right away."
"Right away...?"
"Yes, it's almost the start of the semester. And there's no reason for me to be here anymore anyway."
Calios closed his mouth, trying to say something.
Before he could speak, Ayla hurriedly got up from her seat.
"Then I'll go in first. I can't disturb the family time. Have a good time, everyone."
As soon as she returned to her room, Ayla immediately began to pack her bags.
She didn't take anything she had received from the Noble house, except for one thing.
Herbs were the exception.
Because these were things she had collected herself over a long period of time.
In fact, Ayla had a natural talent for Magical potion making.
Even though she couldn't feel Mana, she was quite knowledgeable in Magic theory and herbalism.
'Let's use this to win over people who can be helpful. Then there will be an opportunity to reveal Rosia's identity.'
She couldn't do anything to Rosia, a powerful Mage, right now, but things would be different if she became an excellent Mage herself.
She sparkled her eyes and carefully checked several times to see if there were any herbs missing.
After packing her bags in an instant, Ayla took a moment to catch her breath and thought.
'......Rosia has days when she's helpful, too.'
Calios thought that as long as Ayla stayed in the Blanche Noble house, Rosia could not be recognized as a proper Princess Consort.
So he was thinking of kicking Ayla out of the Noble house after some time.
'But it would have been difficult to kick me out right away, since I've been managing the internal affairs of the Noble house until now.'
.jpg)