
‘How did things turn out like this?’
Her reputation at the academy was already at its worst.
Even so, she was experiencing difficulties in alienating Ayla from her family.
Because, except for Duke Blanche and Gerard, no one was cooperative with her.
“Miss Rosia, you should go to dinner soon.”
“I have no appetite.”
“Everyone is waiting.”
Rosia sighed irritably at the maid’s words.
But soon, she gathered her thoughts and steeled her heart.
‘No, it’s not over yet.’
Fortunately, the brainwashing of Gerard, the eldest son, and Duke Blanche was progressing rapidly.
‘I can use this incident as an opportunity to control them even more firmly.’
After making a firm decision, the moment she entered the dining room, Rosia’s face quickly hardened.
Because the atmosphere at the table was excessively warm.
Perhaps because Irene had joined the meal after a long time, the family was enjoying the meal in a warm atmosphere for the first time in a while.
Seeing that, Rosia didn’t want to talk about her exam results even more.
The thought of Irene being happy to hear about Ayla’s news made her already complicated stomach feel even more twisted.
‘Everyone probably doesn’t know that I’m not the top student yet.’
The family wouldn’t know the results yet, as the official letter from the academy hadn’t arrived yet.
At that moment, Rosia’s gaze suddenly reached Cedric. He was eating with an expressionless face.
‘Cedric must know.’
Rosia grabbed the hem of her skirt and made a gloomy expression.
The fact that Cedric knew the results of this exam made her heart heavy and stuffy.
At that moment, Calios spoke in a bright voice.
“Rosia, come and sit down quickly. You look very tired.”
“Ah, yes……”
As soon as Rosia sat down, Calios asked with an expectant face.
“So, how did the exam go?”
Rosia couldn’t open her mouth for a moment.
The Duke was looking at her with sparkling eyes.
Seeing those expectant eyes, she couldn’t bring herself to say, ‘I didn’t get the top score.’
“That’s……”
While she was hesitating, an unexpected person opened his mouth instead.
“Rosia did wonderfully as expected.”
Cedric carefully wiped his mouth with a napkin and continued.
“As soon as she entered the academy, she surpassed fierce competitors and achieved good results.”
“Really? That’s our Rosia! A true daughter of the Blanche Noble house, haha!”
Calios laughed, genuinely pleased with his second son’s words.
Gerard also echoed his father’s words with an excited face.
“Now we’ve shed the disgrace of the Blanche Noble house’s daughter not being the top student.”
Calios said to Rosia with a relaxed face.
“Rosia, tell me anything you want. I’ll do everything I can!”
But Rosia didn’t answer and quietly looked at Cedric.
Cedric was still expressionless. But she couldn’t shake the feeling that he was still watching her.
Rosia hesitated and finally opened her mouth.
“I…… No. I didn’t get the top score.”
“What?”
Calios’s brow twitched.
Soon after, he asked softly, as if trying to recover his reaction.
“What do you mean, Rosia?”
As soon as she heard those words, tears began to fall from Rosia’s eyes.
It was a pitiful sight that anyone would feel sorry for.
“Brother Cedric said good things because he was thinking of me.”
Rosia continued in a trembling voice.
“Actually, I only got the second place. I promised that I would definitely get the top score, but in the end, I’m only second……. I’m so sorry.”
The expressions of the family members hardened at Rosia’s words.
Until now, they thought that Ayla not getting the top score was because she wasn’t a daughter of the Blanche Noble house.
But Rosia, the real Princess Consort of the Blanche Noble house, didn’t get the top score?
Everyone was speechless for a moment at the shocking result.
But Calios tried to calm himself.
‘Looking back, Rosia hasn’t received proper education until now. She entered the academy as soon as she returned to the Noble house.’
So he could understand to some extent why she missed the top spot this time.
“It’s okay, Rosia. You haven’t been educated for long yet. It’s already a great achievement to get the second place.”
Calios encouraged her in a warm voice.
“You can take the top spot next time, so you don’t have to worry too much.”
The Duke smiled contentedly and changed the subject to lighten the atmosphere.
“By the way, the friend who beat Rosia and took the top spot must have really outstanding Magic skills. As far as I know, there’s no such talent in the academy……”
At those words, Cedric quietly opened his mouth.
“Ayla took the top spot.”
“……What? Ayla?”
Calios and Gerard widened their eyes at the unexpected news.
Soon after, the Duke frowned, as if he couldn’t believe it, and stammered.
“Bu, but Ayla suffers from Mana insensitivity, how could she get the top score……”
Seeing the family’s reaction, Cedric could fully understand their embarrassment.
He was also very surprised when he heard the news that Ayla had taken the top spot.
Irene, who had been quietly watching the situation, carefully asked Cedric.
“Could it be that Ayla’s Mana insensitivity has been cured?”
“Yes, according to rumors, she recovered right before taking the exam. Thanks to that, she seems to have achieved good results in the practical exam.”
Tears welled up in Irene’s eyes at those words.
“Really, that’s really fortunate.”
Even after Ayla left the Noble house, Irene had always worried about her.
So she tried to contact her secretly, but the child adamantly refused.
Saying that she didn’t need help, so just watch her quietly.
She didn’t know how much she had been worried after hearing those words.
But the Mana insensitivity that had bound her for life had been completely cured.
Only then did she feel that the burden in her heart had been relieved a little.
On the other hand, Calios couldn’t hide his surprise and narrowed his brows.
“I expected her to become an excellent Mage if she recovered from Mana insensitivity, but I didn’t expect her to take the top spot right away……”
Gerard said with a delighted smile.
“She originally showed outstanding skills in subjects that didn’t require Mana. If we bring Ayla back to the Noble house later, she will definitely be a great help to us…….”
But Gerard couldn’t finish his words.
It was because he met Rosia’s gaze, who was staring at him intently.
“Ro, Rosia. What I mean is…….”
Rosia smiled faintly at Gerard, who was looking at her.
“It’s okay, I think Ayla has outstanding talent too. I can’t let her miss out on a talent that could be helpful to the Noble house because of me.”
At those words, Calios looked at Rosia with admiration.
It was because Rosia showed a more mature side than he had expected.
‘She must have been very upset that Ayla took the top spot from her.’
Nevertheless, he admired her attitude of not showing her personal feelings and prioritizing the interests of the Noble house.
“Don’t worry too much. Everything will be alright, Rosia.”
Rosia nodded obediently and cut the meat with a knife and put it in her mouth.
But because she was bowing her head deeply, the other family members couldn’t see it.
That Rosia’s face was horribly distorted.
In the end, Rosia, unable to endure this place, said to Calios.
“Father, I don’t feel well, so I’ll go in first.”
The Duke, who examined her complexion, nodded quietly.
“Ahem, do so.”
Rosia quietly greeted them and left the place right away.
Calios, who was quietly watching her leave, called his eldest son.
“Gerard.”
“Yes, Father.”
“Follow Rosia.”
Gerard tilted his head in confusion.
Calios clicked his tongue at his son, who had no sense at all.
“She seems upset that the results didn’t meet her expectations, so go and comfort her.”
Only then did Gerard understand his father’s intentions and hurriedly got up from his seat.
Then, he hurriedly moved in the direction where Rosia had disappeared.
.jpg)