IBP 22

Happy
0

IBP 22

“What is the meaning of this?”

“T-that is to say...”

A look of clear astonishment crossed the veterinarian's eyes.

“It seems the black tiger spirit creature has awakened.”

And the moment the veterinarian finished speaking.

“Awoooo—!”

The black tiger, which had looked dead, stretched and let out a loud howl.

Then, it rushed over to Coco and hugged her tightly.

To anyone watching...

“They seem to share a very intimate bond.”

* * *

As soon as the black tiger woke up, numerous veterinarians were summoned.

And...

Everyone agreed that the tiger spirit creature had become remarkably healthy compared to before.

Reports also indicated that the black lion visible near the spirit creature's paws had faded.

The moment that fact was realized.

“Then, I'll take her now!”

Coco was scooped up by Ruth, blanket and all, and moved to the next room.

Chloe also gave a light nod and left the area.

She knew that Duke Ardos, who was strict about mistakes, would hand down a fitting punishment to Theresia.

“I shall change the one to be interrogated. To those who acted rashly.”

In the interrogation room after everyone had left, Duke Ardos's gaze sank coldly.

Despite becoming the subject of interrogation, Theresia remained composed.

With an elegant expression, she rose from her seat and stared at Rhea.

“Young lady, why did you not examine the tiger spirit creature properly?”

“That is...”

“You should have observed more carefully before making a judgment. Because of your rashness, you have brought shame upon Sister Chloe's name.”

Rhea's complexion turned pale.

“I... I am deeply sorry, Your Grace.”

Even if she said that Theresia had instructed everything, would anyone believe her?

Lady Rhea mumbled hesitantly.

“B-but... it was a s-situation where one couldn't help but misunderstand.”

“That is not incorrect.”

Since the veterinarians had also judged the tiger spirit creature to be dead.

Duke Ardos tilted his head as if he would continue to listen to her excuses.

Rhea's eyes sparkled, feeling as though she had grasped a lifeline.

“Therefore, I had no choice. My only fault was misunderstanding a situation that was easy to misunderstand!”

And then, finally.

Duke Ardos's thunderous roar fell.

“But it was a complete misjudgment.”

“T-that is...”

“You were also the one who recklessly spread rumors regarding the direct line.”

“...”

“And you were the one who intimidated the child to record the conversation. Tell me, did you apologize to that child?”

“That was, b-because there was no time...”

“If I had not spoken up, would you have even apologized for the misunderstanding?”

Lady Rhea bit her lip hard.

“Not only did you misjudge, but you must take responsibility for your rash behavior.”

Theresia kept her head held high, ignoring Rhea.

“Entry to the main house of the Viscount Amonde family is forbidden.”

Rhea's eyes widened.

Being denied entry to the main house meant that all future exchanges with the ducal residence would be severed.

It meant the future of her family branch was also broken.

“Y-you cannot cast me out l-like this. Lady Theresia, Lady Theresia!”

But Theresia coldly averted her gaze.

The Duke glared coldly at the trembling Rhea and spoke.

“Leave. There will be no mercy if you defy my order.”

Having dealt a heavy blow to the collateral branch, it was now Theresia's turn.

“Theresia, I told you that if you wished for recognition, you should perform your duties faithfully.”

“...Yes, Father.”

After the passing of his first wife.

Through the Emperor's arrangement, he had been semi-forced into marriage with Lucrezia.

And he had seen Lucrezia frequently discriminate between Theresia and Chloe.

He saw how she would blow Chloe's smallest mistakes out of proportion.

Resembling her mother, Theresia also tended to subtly ignore Chloe.

Thus, Duke Ardos had called his daughter and asked.

“I know that Lucrezia and Theresia harass you. Do you wish for me to stop them?”

“No. It is something I shall resolve on my own.”

The proud Chloe could not stand resolving matters through the help of others.

Therefore, as long as it wasn't excessive, he had watched from the sidelines.

But this time, she had clearly crossed the line.

“Theresia, remove yourself from the family affairs.”

“Father! Please reconsider just once more. With Mother going to the temple, there are numerous social schedules and household matters piling up. And, I have done nothing wrong...”

“Do I look stupid to you?”

“...”

“Others might not know. But do you think I would believe that the Viscount Amonde family acted independently without your orders?”

Unable to find words to answer, Theresia's lips were crushed.

He tore his gaze away from her.

“Go into seclusion and reflect. This is the extent of my mercy. There will be no mercy the next time you act rashly.”

At that moment, tears welled up in Theresia's eyes.

“Father, you are truly too much.”

“What?”

“You're discriminating against me because I'm not your biological daughter, but an adopted one. Would you have done this if it were Sister Chloe?”

It was the same repertoire every time.

A face that looked fragile to anyone, a sorrowful appearance that made one want to wipe her eyes with a handkerchief.

But who was the opponent?

It was the iron fortress, Duke Ardos.

“Ridiculous. If you wish for another chance, reflect and remain in seclusion. This is the extent of my mercy.”

Despite Theresia's pleas, Duke Ardos left coldly.

Watching his retreating back, Theresia grit her teeth.

She had done all this believing she would gain her father's favor.

'But everything is falling apart.'

Things had gone wrong since that child named Coco arrived at the mansion.

The spy she had planted in Chloe's annex, the head maid, had been fired, and her closest confidante had been severed from the ducal house for the crime of rash behavior.

She herself had lost face due to the order of seclusion.

On the other hand, how was Chloe's side?

The baby who had befriended her, Coco, had not only found the tiger but had restored its health.

Fortunately, there was no chance that the child possessed a supernatural ability.

'But Father likes those who achieve merit.'

Above all, what made her angrier was...

'It turned out that I was the one who spread the news to the family that Chloe saved a spirit creature.'

Fury flickered in Theresia's golden eyes.

* * *

Duke Ardos, who had returned after beating up the bad guys, stared at me with his black eyes.

“Your name is Coco.”

“Yes!”

“You were revealed to be powerless earlier.”

This mister, is it because he's Ruth's dad?

Is he a scary idiot?

I raised my short arms high and shouted.

“But I do have supernatural abilities! A whole lot of them! You saw it wrong earlier!”

His gaze looked down at me.

I expected him to glare and refute me, of course.

“Indeed. I see the buds of supernatural ability.”

It was a bit—no, a lot—sudden, but.

“Hehe! Now we're talking!”

“...What?”

The mister let out a hollow laugh as if he found it absurd.

Regardless, my eyes sparkled.

“Since I've achieved merit and have supernatural abilities, I won't be sent back now, right?”

“...If you have supernatural abilities, the probability of being a 'true' blessed child is high. Therefore, I intend to request another examination from the temple.”

“Wowww.”

“Do not get your hopes up, as the holy stigma may not appear this time either.”

The holy stigma will definitely appear.

Because this body is overflowing with the puppy god's blessings!

“One last thing.”

“Yes?”

He cleared his throat, looked away, and muttered.

“I am sorry for misunderstanding.”

“Huh.”

I tilted my head. I thought he was a scary idiot, but maybe he's just a non-scary idiot.

“...If there is something you want, speak. Since you saved a great spirit creature, I shall rightfully reward you.”

Duke Ardos's eyes narrowed as if testing me.

Actually, the first thing I wanted to ask was for him to adopt me.

Then I would become sister's real younger sibling.

But.

I thought of the Bastille annex, which had been covered in moss, and the sister who had been inside.

'...Sister is still afraid of the dark. Because of that bad teacher.'

When I was a puppy, all I could do was lick sister's wounds.

Perhaps it might be similar even now.

But if it's Duke Ardos, sister's father, maybe it could be different?

“Father killed the teacher for me. But maybe I didn't want that.”

“Arrrr.”

“I just wished Father would hug me once. It's shameless. Choosing to be a successor rather than a daughter.”

“Woof...”

“It's okay, Coco. My cute baby. Come here.”

So, if Duke Ardos becomes close with sister.

And if he hugs her warmly with all his heart.

If the two of them can become a true family.

Then maybe sister can overcome those painful memories of the past?

'Just as I overcame the pain of my stray dog days thanks to my family, sister!'

It was while I was biting my lip and lost in thought.

Duke Ardos gestured with his chin.

“Yes, what is it you wish for?”

“Um, you know. Lady Chloe and I and Duke Ardos, the three of us every day...”

“Eh?”

“Let's eat breakfast together!”

At my words, Duke Ardos wore a hollow smile.

“How modest. Is it because she's five?”

With a look of 'oh no', I added the next words.

“Um, it would be even better if Ruth-nim joined too!”

“That much is not difficult.”

“There's more! That's not all!”

“Go on.”

“Second, please don't send me back and make me Lady Chloe's real younger sibling.”

“That requires checking the holy relic and going through procedures first. Ahem, well...”

He glanced at me and coughed twice.

“You have quite the ambition. I shall think about that over time...”

“This isn't the only thing!”

“Eh? There's more?”

“Third, play ball with me, fourth, go swimming with me, fifth, give me lots of sweet potatoes, sixth, make sweet potato cake with me in the kitchen, and seventh, I want to try eating Choco, which I was absolutely forbidden from eating...”

The hand of Duke Ardos, which had picked up a fountain pen to take notes, froze completely.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!