IBP 24

Happy
0

IBP 24

I saw it in the future shown by the mouse.

The youngest son of the Grand Duke Rivera's house, Caligo Rivera, will soon die.

Right here, in this Ardos mansion.

And that man's death...

'Will be the reason my sister dies!'

"Chloe Ardos is hereby excommunicated on charges of murdering Grand Prince Rivera."

Because my sister was pointed out as the cause of Grand Prince Rivera's death.

They claimed my sister used dark magic to make the Grand Prince enter a berserk state.

If you looked closely, it was nonsense riddled with holes.

In reality, my sister and Grand Prince Rivera's paths had simply crossed by chance, and Lucrezia and Theresia had framed her.

'It's a relief that Lucrezia is at the temple for now.'

However, her daughter, Theresia, is still here.

Moreover, my sister's reputation was already terrible.

That's why, even in the future, the nasty rumor that 'Chloe harmed Grand Prince Rivera' spread incredibly fast.

Since her reputation was already poor, there was no one to defend her.

Because of that, my sister was cast out of the family...

'And eventually died under mysterious circumstances.'

I gripped my fork tightly.

To save my sister.

I must save Grand Prince Caligo Rivera.

But...

'Was there a way to save the Grand Prince in the future?'

My brain stopped working again, so I aggressively devoured my pudding.

Just then, I heard Ruth speaking.

"So, how exactly is Theresia going to treat Grand Prince Rivera? No one even knows what the Grand Prince's illness is."

"If things go well, perhaps she can save him with Theresia's purification power."

"Hmm."

"Do not talk back. Grand Duke Rivera personally requested this of Theresia. If she can form a deep connection with the Grand Ducal house through her abilities, it will also benefit our family."

"Whoa, Theresia is going to act all high and mighty again. If she keeps succeeding like this, won't she even become the Grand Duchess?"

"Stop your delusions and just eat."

"Yeees."

But Ruth's prediction was correct.

In the future, Theresia pretends to risk her life to calm the Grand Prince's berserk state.

And in doing so, she actually became the Grand Duchess.

'But she's actually a bad person who bullies my sister!'

At that moment, the Duke's solemn voice landed in my ears.

"When one has skill, even arrogance looks impressive. It is the exact opposite of you, Ruth."

"Ugh..."

I don't know the exact method to cure Caligo.

'But if he receives treatment from Theresia, the Grand Prince might die.'

Because Theresia's treatment actually hastens the Grand Prince's berserk state.

'To delay the berserk state, I—the one who knows the future—must step in!'

Beside me, I heard my sister mutter, "She has that look on her face like she's about to cause an accident."

*

Chapter 5. Saving the Kitten

“Is, is it really just over this wall where Grand Prince Rivera is?”

“Yes, it is.”

With the help of the mouse, I secretly visited the northern annex.

In front of the annex, a sign in red letters read ‘No Entry.’ Numerous knights were guarding it as well.

‘But the mouse knows the way so well!’

Thanks to that, I was able to weave through shortcuts where there were no people.

The reliable mouse pointed to a small gap in the corner of the annex's stone wall.

“Now, this is the crawl hole to get into the annex where Grand Prince Rivera is staying!”

“Gasp.”

A crawl hole. A hole perfectly suited for me was already prepared?

I slid my body into the hole with a giggle.

“Yeah, yeah, thank you!”

“I'll keep watch if it looks like someone is coming.”

“Mm-hmm! Phew, this is hard. Can you keep watch over there?”

“Fineee.”

The mouse disappeared toward Grand Prince Rivera's annex to keep lookout.

I struggled and squeezed my body out of the crawl hole.

But then...

“Who are you.”

Right in front of the crawl hole.

I saw a little kid glaring at me fiercely while holding a sword.

Sweat-soaked blonde hair and sharp blue eyes.

A boy whose pointed lips, contrary to his round eyes, reminded me exactly of a cat.

Based on the location and appearance...

‘Gasp, it's Grand Prince Rivera!’

I hurriedly brushed the dirt off my body and bowed my head deeply.

“Um, I'm lost! I'm really sorry for using the crawl hole...”

...But at that moment, his lips curled into a mischievous scowl.

“What is this ugly thing?”

I covered my round mouth and widened my eyes.

It had been six years since I last heard the word 'ugly,' so I was incredibly shocked.

My sister said I was a cute baby puppy!

I puffed out my chest and spoke confidently.

“I'm not ugly! I'm a cute baby pup—”

“...Ha. Shut up, thief. Get out.”

I spread my palms wide and spoke bravely.

“I'm not a thief! My name is Coco, and I'm five years old! Five fingers! And, the baby living over there in the annex...”

“I'm not curious, so piss off.”

Mean words!

I can't take it anymore! I'm going to teach him a lesson!

Like the former stray dog I was, I bared my front teeth, growled, and took a step forward.

Then, he squeezed his eyes shut with a look of sheer terror.

‘...Huh?’

I was bewildered by the sight of the little boy freezing up.

It was because his scar-covered hands caught my eye.

Was he ten years old?

The way he gripped the longsword as if it were his own lifeline... it looked just like...

‘A scar-covered cat.’

I cautiously slid my foot a little closer.

Then the cat—no, Caligo—snapped his eyes open, panted heavily, and shouted.

“Wha-what are you doing? I told you to get out of my sight right now!”

I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

‘Right, it's not that he has a bad personality... he's just a cat hissing because he's scared.’

Then, I slowly slid my foot back.

It was my way of expressing with my whole body that I was ‘not a bad person.’

Relieved, Caligo let out a shaky breath and lowered his head.

“...If you don't want to.”

“Hm?”

“...I mean, if you don't want to die, then get out.”

He radiated killing intent with his entire being.

“Coco, the life of a stray cat is always being pushed around, exhausted, and lonely.”

That's why that boy looked just like...

He had the same eyes as Bom, a friend who had been loved dearly by humans but was thrown away once he grew too big.

***

“Are you alright? You were treated like a thief and kicked out without any real gain.”

I looked down at the mouse, who was tapping its tail on the ground.

Then, leaning my tiny body against the wall of the annex where the Grand Prince stayed, I muttered.

“I'm okay. I just can't stop thinking about how pitiful the Grand Prince is.”

“Eh, even after hearing such mean words? You really are a kind puppy.”

“The Grand Prince is sick. People get sensitive when they're sick.”

Rather than being scary, he just seemed like an abandoned cat.

And, I had been like that too.

I used to bare my teeth at other animals and refuse the food my sister gave me.

I even used to dig wildly into my sister's bed.

So, I understand.

But the one thing I didn't understand was his excessive attitude.

“But, didn't he seem a bit... scared?”

“Of what?”

“Just, of me getting close. He hated it so much that it was actually strange. I mean, he might be upset that I snuck in, but there's no need to be that angry...”

Child friends usually love it when puppies like me get close.

I thought about it deeply and then called out to the mouse.

“Hey, Mr. Mouse.”

“Hmm?”

“I have a favor. Can you observe the Grand Prince all day today?”

“Ahem, ahem! There is nothing this Emperor of Mouse cannot do!”

“Then, could you see if there's any strange energy around the Grand Prince?”

“Three chunks of cheese and extra truffle oil.”

“Yeah, yeah, deal!”

The mouse's tail moved with dignity.

“Very well, let us move!”

“Wait, before that!”

I giggled and handed the mouse a rectangular object.

“What's this?”

“Huh?”

“It's a visual recording sphere!”

Exactly. The thing Rhea used when she tried to tease me!

I had secretly picked it up when it fell in the interrogation room without anyone knowing.

‘As expected, I'm the very smart puppy Coco!’

Actually, I only picked it up because I liked shiny things.

‘Who knew it would be used like this!’

Seeing me smile proudly, the mouse flicked its tail.

“Fine! I shall record every single move the Grand Prince makes!”

I watched the mouse disappear, struggling to carry the recording sphere on its back.

‘Now, what I need to do is...’

Wait for the undercover mouse agent!

I moved my body quickly and scanned the surroundings.

‘Should I try hiding with him?’

It was just as I was lingering and moving near the wall.

Swoosh.

My body was suddenly lifted, as if a weed were being pulled out.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!