IBP 30

Happy
0

IBP 30

The next morning, during the regular mealtime.

Having reviewed all my plans, I let out a "Mwahaha!" laugh, just like a scheming puppy.

“Agent Jack here! I have brought the ring known as <The Melody of Saint Pilaf> and the user manual written by our Master himself!”

Everything was perfect!

“No, Father. It was seriously amazing! This kid actually brought out a bird!”

“Brought out a bird.”

“The clerk was saying, ‘How has such a fierce bird become so docile!’ and was even paying their respects, calling them the ‘God of Birds’!”

As expected, it was all nonsense.

...But why is that Uncle Duke Ardos listening to that so seriously?

Chloe, who was chewing on a meatball, spoke dryly.

“He’s said a hundred times that the clerk praised Coco for being a genius.”

“It seems she truly has a talent for handling animals.”

Duke Ardos went out of his way to praise me.

‘Why?’

Something has felt strangely unsettling since last time...

As I blinked, Duke Ardos, who had been watching me silently, gave a small sniff.

“...It seems you haven't received many compliments before.”

I think he's misunderstanding something...

‘Is everyone in this family a fool except for my sister?’

However, I decided not to push back.

I had to quickly execute my plan while the atmosphere was good.

I popped a box out of my pocket.

“Guess what, I bought this at the downtown area! I’ll give it to you!”

“Hmm? What... what are you giving me?”

“I bought it because I thought it would look good on the Duke!”

“Ah, right. Come to think of it, they were wrapping it quite diligently... When do we get ours?”

“...The Duke first!”

Seeing what was in my hand, Ruth spat out the drink he was sipping with a "Pfft!"

“A pin that only a puppy would wear, for my father...?”

He looked bewildered upon seeing the sweet potato-shaped pin in my hand.

I lifted my chin and spoke confidently.

“It’s a sweet potato shape! It’s something really great. The best and tastiest thing in the world.”

Ruth quietly shut his mouth.

Then, Duke Ardos spoke with a blunt expression.

“You little rascal, isn't this too cute for me to wear? It would be hard to show off anywhere...”

Furthermore, seeing the Duke's expression turn into that of a rotten sweet potato, he seemed to dislike it.

The pin is shiny, the color of a golden sweet potato; why does he hate it?

“It’s pretty if you wear it.”

“Wow... our little scruffy is truly something.”

It was just as Ruth nodded in admiration.

Duke Ardos glared at the pin.

“...Did you not exchange gifts with your family?”

I wasn't sure. Since they were a set-up family created by the puppy god.

‘My memories are very faint.’

I kept silent, rolling my eyes around.

Then, Duke Ardos made a clearing-his-throat sound.

“Give it here.”

“...?”

“Father?”

“What.”

Regardless of Chloe and Ruth's shock, Duke Ardos calmly took the pin and pinned it to his shirt pocket like a brooch.

I blinked.

‘I don't know what's happening, but!’

Things are going incredibly smoothly!

While everyone was in shock, Duke Ardos slightly narrowed his brow and stood up.

“...This is the end of the playing house.”

Duke Ardos roughly pushed the pin down.

His face had turned bright red. He was huffing and puffing.

I scratched my head and said,

“Yes! Thank you!”

“...Right, you little rascal. Anyway, since you've offered me a gift, there must be something you want from me, isn't there?”

“Gasp, yes! There is something I want.”

“How bold. Go ahead, tell me. What is it you want?”

I spoke very seriously.

“I want to play ball at the Northern Vacant Lot this afternoon!”

“...Play ball?”

I clenched my fists and shouted.

“Yes! This is a tremendous... one that stakes someone's fate...!”

A burst of frantic laughter erupted from beside me.

“Puh-hahaha! You gave a bribe to Father, and all you want to do is play ball?”

Ruth giggled, and the corners of Chloe's lips twitched.

But I have to save my sister. I have to save the Grand Prince too.

To do that! I absolutely!

Must play ball at the Northern Vacant Lot!

It was then, as I stared at the Duke with wide eyes.

“Hmm, the Northern Vacant Lot is dangerous, so I cannot grant permission. Besides, I have separate business to attend to there this afternoon.”

Gasp, I didn't expect to be rejected so bluntly.

I rolled my eyes and reached out toward Duke Ardos.

“But... I think I saw other humans running around there looking really excited...”

“Father, you're doing this because of Grand Prince Caligo, right? But it's not that dangerous anymore, is it? I heard the Grand Prince is almost fully healed. That damn Theresia...”

“Ruth. Watch your tongue. He is your brother.”

“...Sigh, yes, yes. Anyway, Father, please just grant the kid's request. You even accepted the pin. I mean, what could go wrong? I heard Theresia has almost finished treating the Grand Prince.”

“...”

“Look at Coco. She's become so quiet and discouraged after being told no. Think about it. What could such a tiny thing do there other than play ball? If you're really worried, I could go along...”

Duke Ardos stroked his chin with a thoughtful expression.

“...Then, come back after a reasonable amount of time.”

I rolled my eyes and nodded vigorously.

At that moment, my sister stared at me and said just one thing.

“Coco doesn't look discouraged; she looks like she's about to cause trouble.”

I gasped and bit my lip.

“I can see the whites of our Coco's eyes. What trouble did you cause again?”

“Mung, muuuung!”

“Where in the world is there a puppy that breaks the treat jar because it wants more snacks? Sigh, I really can't live with you.”

...As expected, whether then or now, my sister is far too sharp.

Then, my sister casually tossed out a comment.

“I'll go with you.”

“Hmm?”

“...You said you're going to play ball. Let's go together.”

My eyes and mouth opened wide at the same time.

“Wo-wowaaa.”

If my sister joins, my solo 'Save Grand Prince Rivera' plan might get a bit skewed, right?

But...

“I-I would love that!”

I get to play ball with my sister for the first time in a while!

I smiled happily, revealing my tiny front teeth.

“She didn't even pretend to hear me when I said I'd go. Look at her face turn into an apple now that Chloe said let's play ball.”

“Hup.”

I quickly held my face and barely managed to feel relieved.

“Dummy... it's not an apple, it's just skin.”

But since Ruth is originally a bit of a dummy, the smart me should be understanding.

In place of Ruth, who received my pitiful gaze, Chloe shrugged.

“...How could I send a kid like that all the way there alone?”

“What do you mean 'all the way'? It's inside the mansion.”

“Anyway.”

My sister glanced at me.

Then, Ruth muttered with a grin.

“Well, it's nice feeling like I actually have a younger sibling.”

I'm not sure about other things, but I think I'm getting closer to my sister little by little!

“...That is a good idea, Chloe.”

Duke Ardos also nodded silently.

And you know what? It seems this family is also getting closer to my sister little by little!

‘I am changing my sister's future to be happy.’

Just that fact made my heart thumping and fluttering.

I felt like it would be okay even if my face became a red apple, just as Ruth said.

* * *

That evening, near the Northern Annex.

Passing by the giant vacant lot near the annex, Theresia saw Chloe throwing a ball with an expressionless face.

‘That stupid brat and Chloe.’

Was her name Coco?

As she drew closer to the annex, she saw the stupid brat clutching the ball tightly in her hand.

And also checking her complexion.

“Gasp, hello!”

Theresia glanced at the spirited brat and smiled softly.

“Sorry, little one. I make it a rule to ignore humans of little value.”

“Huh... you just answered me. That's not ignoring me.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!