LOS 11

Happy
0

LOS 11

To explain the situation: Elisabeth Bismar, the eldest daughter of Count Bismar's house, had been betrothed to Johann Meier in an arranged marriage since she was very young.

Arranged marriages between families were common, but in Elisabeth's case, it was a feat that significantly elevated the prestige of the Bismar family. After all, she was to be linked to the renowned Duke Meier.

However, they had first met when they were only three or four years old. There was no way they could have had feelings for each other from the start. At least, that seemed to be the case for Elisabeth.

As Elisabeth grew up, attended various parties, and debuted in society, she met what she considered 'true love.' The problem, however, was that her marriage had been decided long ago.

Torn between her family's status and her own love, Elisabeth eventually ran away with the third son of a certain Baron's house.

Naturally, the Ducal House of Meier was furious, and the Count Bismar family needed another card to smooth over their daughter's betrayal.

In short, Count Bismar took me in because he believed I had commodity value. It was understandable that his eyes were filled with anticipation, as the newborn baby he had hidden away, believing her to be a disgrace to the family, had grown up to become a suitable card.

Having grown accustomed to living while walking on eggshells around my family for several months, I quickly assessed the situation. I could only survive in this world if I pleased that man. I was a lady created for that very purpose. I now understood why I had been subjected to excessive education and lessons all this time.

Whether Johann Meier was someone I liked or not didn't even matter. I didn't want to go back to how things were before. I felt that if Johann didn't take a liking to me, the Count might send me back to that dark, narrow attic.

It was fine when the attic was the only world I knew, but now I was someone who knew of plush beds, rugs, and fine food that left me full without eating many plates. The mere thought of returning to my old life was truly horrific.

I didn't want to lose the things I had. So, I acted the part of a refined young lady to ensure I didn't offend Johann.

Johann knew me as 'another daughter of the Bismar family who had been unable to go outside due to a chronic illness.' My thin frame, compared to other young ladies, served as a convenient justification for this lie.

Fortunately, he took quite a liking to me and visited the Count's estate often to see me.

Johann Meier was certainly a fine man whom anyone would covet. He was gentlemanly and respected my words. Above all, he was the heir to a prestigious ducal house.

I couldn't even understand why Elisabeth would abandon such a fiancé. Just how amazing of a groom was that Baron's son for her to run away with him?

But I soon discovered the reason.

One day, Johann invited me to his mansion. Inviting a lady personally before marriage talks had even begun was a very good sign.

Count Bismar was overjoyed and had the maids dress me in the finest gown and jewelry. If things went well, Duke Meier would overlook Elisabeth's transgression, and the family's honor would be preserved.

That responsibility rested entirely on me.

I was so nervous that I found it difficult to breathe. I had no choice but to keep fanning myself. Could I do this well? Could I actually make him propose to me...?

Johann greeted the brilliantly shining me with politeness. Dressed in a simple suit, he looked even more radiant than I did, covered in expensive jewels and silk. I felt instinctively intimidated.

"Lady Eloise."

He kissed the back of my hand as I stepped out of the car and escorted me. I was diligently reciting everything I had learned in my head.

Johann was a Duke of a prestigious family. If I did even one thing that planted a seed of doubt in his mind... another opportunity might never come.

Johann led me to a small room. I expected a tea table to be set, but there was no one and nothing there.

Unable to relax my tension, I spoke in a shy voice.

"Thank you very much for inviting me, Your Grace. I don't know how to repay the kindness you've shown me..."

"Such stiff titles don't suit you. You're the person who will become my wife."

Startled, I looked up at him. It was the moment my whole body was about to overflow with joy.

"No, before that, it's a matter that will be decided based on how you behave before me today."

"Pardon?"

"Eloise."

He uttered the next words nonchalantly.

"Strip."

For a moment, I didn't understand those words. It was as if I had heard a foreign language. What did this man just say? To me, who had lost my words, he spoke once more.

"Did you not hear me correctly?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean..."

"I told you to take off your clothes."

The joy that had surged like a passion vanished without a trace. My head grew cold. Even though I knew I had to comply with his request, I simply couldn't bring myself to do it.

He drew closer and closer. My heart sank at his slimy smile.

"Or do you prefer that I undress you myself?"

He began unbuttoning the buttons on my chest. The buttons popped one by one. The small but intense sound snapped me awake.

"Stop it."

Naturally, he didn't listen to me.

I pushed him away violently.

"Don't touch me!"

Damn Johann, whether he had planned this from the start or not, showed no sign of backing down. He grabbed my body and roughly shoved me into a corner.

He gripped my face and forced me to meet his eyes.

"Do you think you have the right to refuse me? You are a replacement for my fiancée. Don't you dare say you hate it. There's nothing good about being discarded by me. From the looks of it, your body isn't noble enough to prioritize over your family. You must do whatever I tell you. There are no other options."

No one had ever taught me this. I had learned what greetings to use when meeting a member of a ducal house and how to behave when he asked for a dance, but no one had taught me how to deal with a Duke attempting molestation.

So, I decided to act in my own way. It was true that I had to get into Johann's good graces to become a member of the family. But was the family more important than my body? No, it wasn't.

It really wasn't.

I pushed Johann away with all my might. Taking advantage of the moment he fell to the floor, I struck the mirror hanging on the wall and shattered it.

A shard of the mirror I picked up pierced my skin painfully. But it was fine. Being pierced by a mirror shard was a hundred times better than offering my body to that bastard.

I brandished the sharp mirror shard and snapped.

"I see exactly why your fiancée ran away. If you're trying this kind of thing with a woman you've barely known, it must have been even more appalling for your fiancée! I am not such a trivial existence! I am not some idiot of a woman who doesn't know how to protect herself!"

Johann, with his hair disheveled and bleeding, looked up at me as if seeing a ghost. He probably never imagined that a woman would dare do such a thing.

But I was different. I was the daughter of a maid and a lady without roots, and thus, I could commit such madness without hesitation.

"You've completely lost your mind!"

Even while pale with shock, he tried to threaten me.

"Do you think you and your family will be safe after doing this to me?"

"At most, what more could you do than say you'll cancel the marriage talks?"

"Your father will try to kill you."

"Shut up! That would be better than a man who tries to handle my body as he pleases!"

I didn't actually intend to stab him. After threatening him sufficiently, I fled the mansion. The car I had arrived in was still there, waiting for me.

The driver was horrified to see my disheveled state and blood-stained hand.

"Miss! Are you alright?"

"I am not alright!"

Without a second word, I climbed into the car. Once I left the mansion, my composure vanished and tears burst forth. It wasn't because I feared retaliation from the Count, as he had said. It was just... I cried because I was miserable. I was miserable that I had been treated that way.

"Don't ask and just take me back. Hurry."

I, wanting to get as far away from that terrible mansion as possible, made the request. The driver drove without further questioning. I tried to hurriedly wipe away the tears, but instead, my face only became smeared with blood.

The Count and his wife were struck with horror to see the girl they had sent off expecting good news return looking like a madwoman.

They pressed me to explain what on earth had happened, but I didn't feel like explaining. The Count, thinking I had been attacked by some strange man, ordered the servants to treat my hand first.

However, it didn't take long for what I had done to reach the Count's ears.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!