
However, Rosia remained nonchalant, merely crossing her arms and wearing a deep smile.
“So, live quietly as if you’re dead. You’re making me want to pick a fight.”
Just then, Professor Arina, noticing the commotion, approached them.
“Are you alright, Ayla? What on earth is going on?”
As the gazes of the professor and the students focused on her, Rosia’s expression changed in an instant.
Tears streamed down her face. She looked utterly bewildered and at a loss, as anyone could see.
Soon, her body trembled.
“I-I’m sorry, Ayla. It was really a mistake. For some reason, I haven’t been able to control my Magic well lately…”
“……”
“Really, I didn’t mean to hurt you…”
Sniff.
Rosia’s mournful sobs filled the classroom.
Professor Arina frowned and approached Ayla, checking to see if she was injured.
Fortunately, apart from the severed hair, there seemed to be no other injuries.
“It’s best to go to the infirmary just in case. Peony, please support Ayla. The rest of you, continue with your practice.”
Peony, who had been watching this scene from afar, hurriedly approached Ayla.
Her displeased gaze flicked towards Rosia.
However, Rosia only lowered her head, subtly raising one corner of her mouth out of sight.
Peony frowned as she looked at Ayla’s hair, which had been haphazardly cut off by Magic.
“To think that your beautiful hair would end up like this…”
“It’s okay. I’m not hurt at all.”
“Still, it’s so upsetting. Rosia should suffer the same way.”
They had received a brief examination at the infirmary and were on their way to the next class.
Although she had been told that there was nothing particularly wrong, Peony couldn’t hide her upset feelings and huffed.
“Why did this suddenly happen? Did Rosia do something during practice?”
“It was a small accident. I guess her Magic control was poor.”
Peony narrowed her eyes suspiciously.
“Isn’t this intentional?”
“Peony.”
“She’s definitely capable of it. What on earth is she up to? Lately, she’s been sticking to Freya alone, and it’s suspicious.”
“I’m fine. Even if she’s plotting something, I don’t intend to be taken advantage of.”
“Well, you’re not the type to be taken advantage of… But still, if she bullies you like before, be sure to tell me. I’ll go and teach her a lesson.”
Peony clenched her small fist and spoke.
“Thank you, I feel really reassured.”
Ayla gave a faint smile.
Just knowing that she had a friend who worried about her as if it were her own problem made the unpleasantness that had lingered until just now melt away.
‘Still, what on earth is she plotting?’
Until now, Rosia had tried her best to hide her true feelings, even from herself.
But to reveal her animosity so openly…
‘It feels ominous. My Mana insensitivity is completely cured, so there shouldn’t be any major problems, but I still can’t let my guard down.’
It was then.
As they were heading to the next class, they saw a group of female students gathered in the hallway, buzzing with excitement.
“Look at this! Olivia got Fleur’s moisturizing cream.”
“Really? Can I try it too, Olivia?”
“Hey, Fleur Cosmetics are so hard to get. Do you think she’d let you?”
“I’m so jealous… I want to try it once too.”
Peony, who was listening to their conversation, glanced at Ayla.
“Oh, right, Ayla. Have you heard about those cosmetics? They’re super popular these days.”
Then, she cautiously brought up the topic.
“I managed to get some and tried it out, and it’s pretty good. If you’re interested, should I share some with you?”
Cosmetics sold within the Empire were quite luxurious and mainly used by the upper class.
That’s why Peony had deliberately obtained cosmetics for Ayla’s share as well.
‘Mages often use Magic, so their bodies tend to dry out easily.’
Although the principle was unknown, the more Mana used, the more rapidly the body’s moisture was depleted, so Mages habitually applied moisturizing cream.
While Peony was waiting for an answer, Ayla turned to her with a surprised expression.
“You’ve already tried it? I heard it’s really hard to get.”
“Yeah, of course. I always try everything that’s trending in the capital. And the cosmetics I was using before were a bit unsettling.”
“Why?”
“Why, you ask? Sharon Atelier is a business owned by Count Arman. I’ve been a little reluctant to use it since recently, so as soon as I heard the news, I immediately switched to Fleur Cosmetics.”
As Peony said, Count Arman had amassed a vast fortune through Sharon Atelier.
It was thanks to that that Freya was able to establish herself as a prominent noble.
‘But because he expanded his business too aggressively, he must be in financial trouble by now.’
Just at that time, Fleur Cosmetics was released.
As the popularity of Sharon Atelier waned and the revenue of the newly opened stores declined, Count Arman had no choice but to suffer a major blow.
‘But that period didn’t last long.’
Soon after, Count Arman secretly poached the key technician of Fleur Cosmetics.
Based on his technical skills, the Count once again prospered.
In the end, the reason Freya was able to become the Crown Princess in the original story was because of that powerful wealth backing her.
‘But his wealth was achieved by exploiting innocent people.’
Freya still maintained a friendship with Rosia, whose reputation had plummeted.
In other words, attacking her meant that Rosia could also be sunk.
‘There’s one business that’s perfect for checking Freya while increasing my own power.’
Ayla smiled brightly at Peony.
“Remember when I said I had something to settle?”
“Yeah, of course. What is it?”
“It’s nothing much… I’m planning to start a business this time, and I was wondering if you’d like to join me?”
“A business? What kind of business?”
Ayla smiled even more deeply at the bewildered Peony.
“What kind of business do you think? A cosmetics business, of course.”
As if to announce that the frozen season had completely ended, a warm spring breeze permeated every corner of the Academy campus.
However, Kadin’s heart remained cold.
In the past, he would have frequented secret salons, spending extravagant nights, or seduced noble Young Ladies, enjoying light romances.
Or perhaps he would have wasted time getting caught up in betting games.
But now, such a life held no interest for him.
The only thing that wouldn’t leave his mind was his former fiancée, whom he had foolishly let go.
‘To think that Ayla would become the lover of the Argenta Duke’s Heir.’
Of course, she probably never imagined that the insignificant Felix would have such a secret to his birth.
But now that Felix had been revealed to be the son of Duke Argenta, he understood why she no longer looked back at him.
Nevertheless, the lingering feelings that remained in Kadin’s heart could not be erased.
That was why he was now heading to Freya’s garden.
‘To think I left that handkerchief behind.’
He remembered that he had attended a social gathering hosted by Freya a few days ago and had left behind an important item.
It was an uncharacteristic mistake for him.
He had lost the handkerchief that Ayla had given him as a birthday present when they were engaged.
‘And it was something that Ayla had personally embroidered stitch by stitch.’
When Ayla shyly handed him the handkerchief back then, what had he said?
“Happy birthday, Kadin. This is a handkerchief I embroidered myself…”
“You did something unnecessary.”
He remembered Ayla’s hurt face, hesitating at that careless remark.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bother you.”
At that time, she had forced a smile as if to say she was okay, put down the gift, and disappeared somewhere.
He hadn’t been curious about where she had gone back then, but now he knew.
She probably left because she didn’t want to show her tears to anyone.
.jpg)