IBP 41

Happy
0

IBP 41

......The darkness slowly leaked back out.

“As I thought, it’s no use. I can’t flow life force into this stone right now.”

“Gasp... Why?”

“Life force is a more fundamental power than mana. Since I can’t even manage mana properly, I don’t have the strength to draw out life force.”

I felt depressed by my sister's calm voice.

“Lately... it’s been strangely stable. But still, it’s not working.”

Sister is so calm.

Why am I the one so upset?

Maybe it's because I've seen her radiating darkness so magnificently every single day.

“About the berserk state... I really wish it would stop.”

Not just so she could recognize me.

‘It’s just that her face looks too sad.’

How wonderful would it be if the day came when she could use dark magic perfectly?

Unaware of my feelings, sister put the stone in her pocket and spoke.

“I understand. If the berserk state stops, I’ll try it. I promise.”

I don’t know how to stop her berserk state yet.

But still, someday.

I hope the moment comes when she can use mana freely.

“By the way, is this the only thing you asked for? You should have asked for something better.”

“Me? I didn’t just get that!”

“Huh? Then what?”

I gave a wide grin and pulled a piece of parchment from my pocket.

“I got all of this!”

Sister took the parchment nonchalantly, then her eyes widened.

“......What is this? Ownership of three spirit beasts?”

Spirit beasts, beings blessed by the gods, were so rare that the number a family possessed was considered a matter of pride.

‘Moreover, because they kept dying for unknown reasons, that rarity had increased even further.’

Because of this, Ducal houses strove to possess spirit beasts, and most owned about two.

Except for the Ardos family.

Among them, the Rivera family was famous for having the most, with ten spirit beasts in their possession.

Therefore.

Bringing back three spirit beasts was an absolutely staggering feat.

Even considering that the three beasts were sent over taking into account the tiger spirit beast that Grand Prince Caligo would take.

“Yes! There’s more!”

“Why is the writing so tiny... No, a northern villa, a mountain hill, what is this? What are all these magic tools?”

“Hehe. Please praise me!”

I gripped sister's hand tightly, as if asking for a pat on the head.

Sister's expression became quite serious.

“Did you... pull the pillars out of that house?”

No, I'm not that strong...?!

* * *

The next morning.

A modest banquet was held where Grand Duke Rivera and the direct blood relatives of the Ardos family gathered.

“......With that, we shall conclude the punishment for those who threatened the Grand Prince's life.”

After Grand Duke Rivera finished explaining that Theresia would be confined to a convent for ten years.

Duke Ardos muttered with a bitter expression.

“......She might come to her senses while staying at a convent.”

As soon as he said that, Duke Berlan let out a smug chuckle.

As an exception, Duke Berlan, a longtime friend of Duke Ardos, was also attending.

“Hoo, but what to do?”

“What is it with you now?”

“I heard Grand Prince Caligo and a tiger spirit beast have imprinted?”

“That is true, but.”

Duke Berlan spoke with a mocking smile.

“What a shame. Thanks to your baby's activity, it looks like you're about to lose the one spirit beast you actually had?”

“.......”

“As I mentioned before, my family has two spirit beasts, you know.”

Duke Ardos's face turned bright red, and he snorted loudly.

The teasing seemed to be extremely irritating.

In truth, from Duke Berlan's perspective, there couldn't be a better opportunity.

He stroked his chin with a look of great amusement.

Only Grand Duke Rivera and Chloe, who predicted this entire situation, wore intrigued expressions.

Just then, Coco set her cutlery down with a clink and spoke.

“Hmph, that's not true!”

“Hm? What do you mean?”

Coco handed the crumpled parchment to Duke Ardos.

“Our family has three spirit beasts now!”

“Eh?”

Duke Berlan burst into laughter and patted Coco's head.

Immediately after, Coco's hair ended up looking like it had been licked by a cow.

“Hmph.”

As Coco pouted, Duke Berlan gave a benevolent smile.

“Three? You shouldn't tease your uncle.”

“I'm not teasing....”

Duke Ardos, who had been silent for a while while holding the parchment, slowly muttered.

“It's true.”

“Huh?”

“It says here that a total of three spirit beasts—a rabbit, a leopard, and a penguin—will be transferred from the Rivera Grand Duchy to Coco Ardos.”

Duke Berlan bolted upright and snatched the parchment.

“Eeeh?”

“It's for real.”

“I-It really is? Look, the seal is here. It says the spirit beasts are assigned to Coco Ardos.”

“Hoo.......”

Duke Ardos took the parchment back from Duke Berlan's trembling hand and wiped his forehead.

“You truly resemble me in the past.”

But Coco's achievements probably didn't end with the spirit beasts.

Chloe and Grand Duke Rivera, knowing everything, waited silently for Coco's next words.

Then, Coco, who had poked a potato with her fork, spoke up.

“Um, Grandpa!”

“.......”

“Yes, that old man is your grandpa, Coco.”

As Duke Ardos grinned, Duke Berlan looked annoyed.

“You can't keep teasing me like this.”

“Haha, well, since we have three spirit beasts.”

Seeing Duke Ardos excited for the first time in a while, Duke Berlan smirked.

“Hoo, if you keep this up, repairing the city walls won't be easy, will it?”

Possessing a naturally bellicose temperament, Duke Ardos frequently went on expeditions.

It was his annual event to travel here and there, sweeping up treasures, gems that magical beasts would like, and rare plants.

Because of that, there were cases every year where invisible magical beasts followed him back to the mansion and tore down the walls.

While the walls could simply be rebuilt, he knew that Duke Berlan, who possessed the 'Architecture' supernatural ability, was the best at building sturdy fortifications.

The problem was that he only did the repair work in small, annoying increments.

Duke Ardos, who unconditionally acknowledged those with talent, frowned with an irritated expression.

“That damn fellow is starting again. Is he actually threatening me?”

Chloe stared at Duke Berlan, who was acting obnoxious without knowing what lay ahead.

At that moment, Coco held out her round little hand like a paw and shouted.

“But now, Grandpa doesn't have to repair the walls anymore!”

“What?”

“I brought back a magic tool for wall restoration!”

“Huh.......”

Looking at the bewildered expression of Duke Berlan, Coco gave a wide grin.

She looked as if she didn't even realize what she had done.

Thanks to the activity of the little child, Berlan had lost all his leverage to act superior.

“Hah, well now.......”

“Oh, my. Checking the parchment, it's true. There's a high probability that you're no longer needed?”

Duke Ardos teased him relentlessly for a long time.

“Ah! Give back all the money you took for repair costs. Since we'll be using this magic tool.”

Duke Berlan's brows furrowed.

Thus, this dispute ended in a complete defeat for Duke Berlan.

Duke Ardos's expression softened, and he patted Coco.

“I think you have more ambition than I did at five years old.”

Ruth, who had been looking around with her mouth hanging open, muttered.

“That's Father's highest praise.......”

“.......”

It was a praise that even Chloe, who was once his solidified successor, had never received.

Then, Grand Duke Rivera spoke as if making a bombshell announcement.

“I gave her more than that.”

Duke Ardos hurriedly looked down at the parchment.

“......I am grateful, but isn't this far too much?”

Grand Duke Rivera spoke nonchalantly with a bored expression.

“I simply gave her everything because Coco asked for everything, Duke.”

Everyone looked back and forth between Coco and Grand Duke Rivera with expressions of shock.

Coco seemed oblivious to how much impact her actions had caused.

Because she was muttering, ‘Hmph, the thing I just ate was a potato, not a sweet potato.’

The aide standing behind the Grand Duke grabbed the back of his neck with a look of sheer frustration.

“G-Grand Duke Rivera-!”

“Why, is there a problem?”

“No, Grand Duke! Isn't this a total destruction of balance?!”

Just as he was about to mumble that the Grand Duke was taking too much of a loss—

“It's because there's something I want to obtain as well.”

“Something you want?”

“I want to become a bit closer with Coco.”

Duke Ardos, Duke Berlan, Ruth, and even Caligo all frowned while looking at the Grand Duke.

However, Chloe was more concerned with the boy beside her, who was narrowing his sharp eyes.

The way he bit his lip while looking at his brother.

The way both brothers' gazes were simultaneously directed at Coco.

‘......I feel a bit strange.’

Why are those brothers so bothersome?

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Check Now
Ok, Go it!